3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like allot of others :cool: , I'm curious just how fast the "right setup" can be under a GenV. Here's the info on last night...

R/T - .084
60' - 1.644
330'- 4.704
1/8 - 7.271 @ 95.15
1/4 - 11.409 @ 117.56

After a few conservative 11.6xx passes, I turned up the boost a little. Boost peaked at 21 psi, but was probably only 18 to 20 for most of the run. For the record, this is a completely stock bottom end with Stage 3 heads/cam and running Unleaded MS-109.

Today, I went to my favorite 1/8th mile to see if I could figure out how to launch while making that much boost. Running M/T Drags and Skinnies (with NO suspension aids), the car pulled some decent 60's.
How bout a 1.588, followed by a 1.616??
:D

Because of a mistake adjusting shift points, I hit the rev limiter at the 1-2 shift on the next run. Boost showed a max of 18 psi before it hit the rev limiter, so my "guess" of average boost is pretty accurate.

I gotta thank the whole INTENSE crew for their patience in trying to educate me over the last year. I really appreciate the access to all you smart guys...

If I keep at it, eventually I'll combine a 1.5 with good air at a 1/4 mile track. :eek:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Congrats, just awesome to see where you can go with a stock M90!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
n4cer said:
Keep on breakin your bests. ;)
That's getting harder and harder to do, but it's what keeps me going back to the track. ;)

btw, any luck on one of them cool jackets???

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Congrats Mr Yates! :D

·
Registered
156 Posts
Rowdy said:
btw, any luck on one of them cool jackets???
Tracy and I both looked into this and they do not have those jackets on the site anymore. :( I will e-mail you a couple of the one that are listed and see what ya think! I will also keep an eye out and see if that one comes back out. ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the props y'all.
It just goes to show that even a slow-talkin ******* can get relatively fast, if 1) you hang with a bunch of smart guys, and 2) you go to the track ALLOT.

Thanks again, and we'll see what surprises next year may hold. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts