3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i get how no2 works.
i get what it does.
what i don't get is why anyone would want to use it?
extreme engine wear, expensive, limited use.
The only 1 use i can see is so you can beat some silly car your street racing against which is faster than you w/o spraying.
Street racing in itself is rather stupid and extremly dangerous.

could somone please enlighten me?

thanks in advance,

--juan carlos the III

·
Registered
91 Posts
I don't think anyone is condoning sreet racing,but N20 is a relatively cheap power adder,75hp for around 500 bucks and i do believe when used in a responsible manner N20 is fairly safe .The kits available in todays market have been well tested and prove to be a good source of cheap power.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Nitrous oxide, when used properly by a competent user, will not harm your motor in any way. Go to the track and look at all those 8-9 second cars, many of them spray. It is something i have considered before, but i am going to wait until my current setup is maxed out before going to nitrous.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
I used it on my GT because of "Blower Envy", before I got a GTP to play with :)

BTW 75shot on my GT got me 14.800 :) with a 2.24 60' :mad: . CAI, Exhaust and TR6's. I wish I would have had a chance to run it after I learned how to launch.

·
Registered
92 Posts
cheap HP and just because it is sooo much fun!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just a comment on 8-9 second cars.

those cars generally see the track 10 or less times a year generally and the entire engine is aftermarket.

i guess not is neat and all but it's not 'real' power. that is availible when you just step on the gas...

·
Registered
127 Posts
^^^ wating for wiston to post. check out his sig. :rolleyes:
N20 adds o2, allows you can burn more fuel = HP (+heat/nosie... normal byproducts of combustion) You'd get adding X HP anyway.

dose anyone know is a 10# bottle fits in a GP consle?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nitrous(SPRAY)

Nitrous is the best power adder as far as economy goes to a point, as youre only beatin it up when your sprayin it and not all the time like a turbo or huffer,besides, the squeeze aint bad for your engine, not knowing how to tune it is bad for your engine!

BEEN THERE,DONE THAT,BOUGHT THE T-SHIRT,AND USIN IT AS A GREASE RAG ALREADY! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sigh, nitrous haters :(

Go for a spin in a nitroused car... your views will change.

When I say a nitroused car... something that gets good gains, not like 1 second quicker

Oh, the beauty of nitrous is INSTANT TORQUE! :D

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have to quote a comment from someones sig on another forum , I found it really good
" N2o is like a good looking girl with an STD, you know you want to hit it but afraid of the consiquinces"
I sale kits and refill N2O tanks, and personally run it on my car. For those that have never used it, Im sorry! Best power adder for the $. There is no other feeling like 100hp at the touch of a button.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Just look at nitrous as a refillable superturbo.

·
Registered
14 Posts
L67fiero said:
I have to quote a comment from someones sig on another forum , I found it really good
" N2o is like a good looking girl with an STD, you know you want to hit it but afraid of the consiquinces"
you've been on the srtfourms again haven't you

·
Registered
92 Posts
NO never been on an SRT forum, a guy @ Tennesspeed.net has it in his sig.

·
Registered
224 Posts
1997 Pontiac Firebird V6
nitrous et & mph: 12.168 spinning, 110.95 mph
n/a et & mph: 14.077, 94.57 mph
Best 60 ft w/ et streets 1.584 spinning!

how much of a shot do you use for an almost 2 sec gain? is it possible to see those kind of gains safely on the s/c 3.8?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well, typically to go from 14.0 to 12.1 I've used a TNT 100 wet shot.

I recently upped the shot to 125 wet.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Racin' Jason said:
Nitrous is the best power adder as far as economy goes to a point, as youre only beatin it up when your sprayin it and not all the time like a turbo or huffer,besides, the squeeze aint bad for your engine, not knowing how to tune it is bad for your engine!

BEEN THERE,DONE THAT,BOUGHT THE T-SHIRT,AND USIN IT AS A GREASE RAG ALREADY! :rolleyes:

I use my nitrous every now and then. Its safe if you install it correctly, use it correctly and understand how EVERYTHING works in your nitrous system.

If your car is not tuned correctly...you will be the first to know.

The only thing that has suffered on my car from a dry 50 shot is my fuel mileage. Because the pluggs have to be gapped at 0.035". Other than that yes, best bang for the buck for $ spent to horse power gained.

Pluss at the track or car shows the bottle in the trunk turns heads. :eek:

~Farnsworth~

·
Registered
784 Posts
Nitrous as cheap Hp? at $4.50 a LB and maybe 10 to 12 1/4 runs on a 10LB bottle at 100 HP. I don't call that cheap. Nitrous is to your car what steroids are to an athlete. How many of you nitrous madmen tell people you where squirting when you want to sell your car? Not many people want to buy a car that has seen nitrous. Why do you suppose that is?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts