3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, about 6 months ago I bought a 2000 Bonneville SE. This thing had a problem with all the door locks, power mirrors and windows not working except for the driver's side which had no problems. I did some research and found out that these cars are really bad about having corrosion built up under the driver's seat, causing a wire to break and cutting the current to all other doors. I ended up taking the driver's seat out and that was exactly the problem; therefore, I replaced the wire and soder the connections together. The car operated with no problems for quite a while. A couple of weeks back we had a really bad storm and I found a small puddle of water on the driver's floor board. After this, ALL 4 doors quit working 100% as far as the power mirrors, door locks and windows. A couple of days after that it started working again only for the driver side like it was initially, so I figured it got corroded again. The very next day we have nothing working. The only thing that works now is the dome light only when I open the driver's side door. Also when I get the shifter out of park only the driver's door lock locks but it doesn't unlock when it goes back in park like it's supposed to. I pulled the driver's seat back out to inspect the wiring and it looks intact. Also the heater quit working all together after the storm. All fuses are working fine (tested with a continuity tester each at a time and swapped some relays.) Is this some kind of joke? I can't figure out if this car is possesed or if it's something common about these cars.

Any suggestions? Has enybody had this problem before? Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
nevermind

I already found the problem. It was the driver's module. I took this thing apart and found a capacitor that had poored all of its electrolytes on the circuit board so I cleaned it and went to the local store and bought a 150 micro farad 25v capacitor for $1.00. I put the module back together and it worked like a charm! couldn't get any luckier! Thanks for the ones that actually checked this thread! I hope this works as a reference for those that have had or will have this same problem!

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
Cool, thanks for posting the solution!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Where is the drivers module located?

·
Registered
4,344 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup, it's on the driver's side door... You have to remove the door panel and then a black plastic cover. As soon as you do that, you'll see a black box that is about 6 inches long and 4 inches wide, That's the trick!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts