3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if there is a chance of maybe an INTENSE drag day this yr?

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
No, sorry. :(

Over the last few years we tried a Customer Appreciation Day, where we gave 50% discounts to our customers. We've also tried a 'no frills, just traction' day with a reduced price. Each time we got tons of commitments and hardly any signups.

We're just not in a position to lose more and more money every year trying to run an event with attendance that decreases every time.

So we recommend everyone consider attending the very nicely run MGM event instead:

http://www.3800pro.com/forum/national/25555-spring-09-mgm-registration-now-open.html

·
Administrator
3,246 Posts
Our last couple of events all started like this. "I'll pay right now", "I've got twenty buddies who want to go", "I'll go" and when it came time to register hardly anyone stepped up to the plate. The last fall IDD we had to cancel because we had something like 14 signups in 4 weeks even after making it pretty cheap for many people (our customers) to attend.

The interest simply wasn't there. Not to mention the hassles we had to deal with at the hotel each year.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I read on Norwalk's site that they don't do private rentals anymore?

·
Registered
768 Posts
To this day we still talk about IDD. I'm glad I was able to be a part of a few of them. I also appriciate all the help from local's and the whole crew at Intense when I dumped my motor one year, and my tranny the next. They took great care of us CT/MA guys. It was fun while it lasted and a great experience...but all good things come to an end. Thanks again for running IDD for all those years.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts