3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so ive been trying to get this car running for a month now...
I cannot get the injectors to pulse(i have spark)
I have power to the injectors and if i take a test light i can ground out each injector individually by touching the light to the injector control wires. But while cranking, they will not open up.
Fuel pump is running and there is pressure at the rail
Tach is reading rpm while cranking
Just in case i replaced both the crank and cam sensor to no avail
I have voltage at the injector fuse
I was told it might be VATS but i dont think thats the issue(when i run hptuners scanner it says it passes the VATS test)
i also replaced the ignition switch thinking that was the problem
I have tried three different ECM's

I have been posting this all over the place with not much help at all. Anything would be appreciated. Id love to see this car run again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I will add that when it quit running all seemed well. I stopped at a restaurant to grab lunch and when i came back out it wouldnt start and i towed it home.

·
Super Moderator
425 Posts
I would inspect all your wiring for the ignition module/timing sensors, and look for pinched/frayed wires, clean/secure connectors, and ensure the ground wire connected below that bracket is good.

You could also try a spare ignition module while in there, if you have one around/grab one at a yard/etc.

Sounds like a tough one, but hopefully "simple" once you find it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Check the wiring harness from the distributor to the ECM. If that harness has become disconnected somehow, then they ECM will not have a pulse reference from the distributor in order to fire the injectors if the problem still there better to take it to Car mechanic

·
Registered
72 Posts
First off, is this a new swap or an existing install? If the VATs is the problem the engine should start and immedately turn off. Have you checked the injector fuses? Are the crankshaft sensors and ign module connectors on tight and making contact? A scan of the PCM should give you a DTC (trouble) code. What does it say?

·
Super Moderator
425 Posts
That'll do it.

You'd be amazed at the % of people over the years who forget to re-install the cam gear magnet, or put it in backwards, during cam swaps, especially when upgrading sprocket/chain sets. Pretty sure I'm on that list, at least for the first one in ~'05.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts