3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Does anyone have any ideas on what’s wrong with my car? I have an 05 SS. I replaced the radiator and removed the battery in the process. I put everything back together properly and now there is no power to the interior, the brake lights don’t even work. No fuel pump sound when I connect the battery.

I tried to diagnose and checked the battery first, it’s ok. Using a Fluke meter, I checked the power to the alternator, that’s ok. I checked the power to the starter, that’s ok. The wires coming out the starter to the computer test ok and tested by touching the ground to the chassis, that’s ok. I have no voltage on the terminals at the fuse panel on the wheel well under the hood.

What is going on here? There’s nothing reason I’m not getting any power to the interior, key or brake lights.

can someone please help???

·
Super Moderator
376 Posts
Check for any smaller ground wires that need reconnecting. Sometimes there's a bracket bolt or other spot in the battery/starter/coilpack locations with some grounds that can be forgotten. (actually helped a buddy with his '67 Camaro last week who was unsure of these while replacing battery)

As a more tedious check, you can visually inspect each fuse in the boxes, and backtrack your steps on whatever you've touched. Could also be a security issue, which may be resolved by hitting the key fob unlock (dumb, I know), or whatever the manual mentions.

- Dave

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, I checked the grounds and all seem good, no missing or unconnected wires.

I’ll try seeing if the fob does anything.I doubt it but you never know. I was having an issue that when I was driving the security light came on but the car continued to run fine. Then I’d park and come back later and no security light, then it would come on again. Not every time but it made no sense why it was coming on intermittently.

·
Super Moderator
376 Posts
The Chevy's were a bit more aggressive with the PassKey systems, for whatever reason. The other 3800 models (unfortunately) caught up by the mid-late 2000's as CANbus rolled out, but I always recall the 00-05 Monte's/Impala's giving a fit sometimes when we were doing builds or tuning them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, it’s very strange. It’s acting as if there is no battery at all. The battery is only a couple months old and checked out fine... idk.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Yes, it’s very strange. It’s acting as if there is no battery at all. The battery is only a couple months old and checked out fine... idk.
I guess the first thing should be to test the BATTERY VOLTAGE just to be sure. Then check all the power and ground circuits for the battery to see if those are good. Also, if you try using a battery charger or jumper cables from another battery, does this allow engine cranking and starting??

·
Registered
941 Posts
I guess the first thing should be to test the BATTERY VOLTAGE just to be sure. Then check all the power and ground circuits for the battery to see if those are good. Also, if you try using a battery charger or jumper cables from another battery, does this allow engine cranking and starting??
SO, what are the results?? Mr Goodwrench...........

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an 05 impala ss , there is a connector that sits on top of the battery yeah that big square thing lol. Make sure you have the tabs locked in , i forgot one day to lock them in and same thing happened.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Hey guys,

Does anyone have any ideas on what’s wrong with my car? I have an 05 SS. I replaced the radiator and removed the battery in the process. I put everything back together properly and now there is no power to the interior, the brake lights don’t even work. No fuel pump sound when I connect the battery.

I tried to diagnose and checked the battery first, it’s ok. Using a Fluke meter, I checked the power to the alternator, that’s ok. I checked the power to the starter, that’s ok. The wires coming out the starter to the computer test ok and tested by touching the ground to the chassis, that’s ok. I have no voltage on the terminals at the fuse panel on the wheel well under the hood.

What is going on here? There’s nothing reason I’m not getting any power to the interior, key or brake lights.

can someone please help???
That is a bit odd, my first thoughts are remove the fuse box and carefully inspect all the terminals and the circuits on the bottom side of the fuse box. I have run across a few GM vehicles that had fuse block GO BAD. Check the power supply going to the fuse block and also take a close look at the connectors that hold the fuses. Good luck, Mr Goodwrench.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts