3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the egr blockoff plate on my headers, and EGR deleted from the s1 pcm..

EGR is still connected, and i dont really feel like pulling it all out right now.. Ive had it like this for a while, and just had the filter on the egr tube, but since it is now deleted from the pcm, can i just put a rubber/silicone cap/stopper in/on the tube that was suppose to go to the headers?
instead of plugging it up at the intake manifold?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
i have mine blocked in both places. Intake and rear header

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Just "pulled" mine today (see post under exhaust :mad: ) Anyway, pulling the whole thing is pretty easy, only 2 bracket bolts (you can get to above and below the crossover) and the one under the TB for that tube. The bracket has a couple small bolts under the fuel lines also. I broke off the intake tube and removed the small black "tube mount". I reused it, along with a penny and RTV, and sealed the intake hole back up.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
dayday said:
I broke off the intake tube and removed the small black "tube mount". I reused it, along with a penny and RTV, and sealed the intake hole back up.
Exactly how I did mine too!

Remove it, its a savings in weight :D

·
Registered
187 Posts
I hope you don't try a rubber stopper I wouldn't think it would last long. RTV and a penny will work great.

·
Banned
165 Posts
Just make sure you don't hammer and then superglue the penny in place. :eek: :D Just kidding.

I agree with these guys. Stop being a wuss Steve. Embrace the weight savings. :p

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I found it easy enough to find a Metal Supply store and pick up some T6061 aluminum stock to make block off plates with. I use .375" x 1.50" stock. If you've got a hacksaw, some type of drill, the appropriate sized drill bits and a tap, you can easily enough make your own plates.

I pay about $15 for 12 feet of alum stock, also comes in handy for other thing as well. (MP112 Snout braces :) )

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Excell said:
Just make sure you don't hammer and then superglue the penny in place. :eek: :D Just kidding.
BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

Hey Lee, the way i did mine, it only cost me 2 pennies :D

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Merc said:
BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

Hey Lee, the way i did mine, it only cost me 2 pennies :D

LOL

I think my first set for my engine cost me $30 some bucks. LOL by the time I got the assembly adhesive, aluminum and what not. Now after makeing a few sets for friends, I'm a few bucks ahead, not much, but at least I covered my costs :)

Not to mention, we wouldn't want any engines to 'injest' some pennies now would we :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts