3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would a plate that fit between the s/c and intake mani serve any benefits?

place the nozzle in one of the sides and spray it into the area between the s/c and intake mani. Have it be solid on one end like the i/c's are, and where the mesh screen on an i/c would be, leave it open and have the nitrous sprayed into there. i know a lot of people dont like sprayin the nitrous through their blowers. Just food for thought and or discussion

A friend of mine said something like this would be a since to fab up and produce if people wanted it

·
Registered
134 Posts
Little late...

A "company" is in the thoughts of this to be produced.

I cant wait for it...and am having one in the works made now. Simple design that will allow you to use any nitrous system selection, wet or dry, and have the means to use your water/alcohol injection too. Either be made from a machined aluminum plate, or machined out of a solid piece of phenolic.

Its a very easy, simple design, nothing to it. To be produced I cant see it being much more than $100.00 to $190.00 tops. The only thing that will be an issue I can see is finding the correct fittings for the plate to adapt ALL the systems to use on it.

Mine is in the works now. How about yours?

~Farnsworth~

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well mines drawn out on paper and is gonna cost about 50 bucks after all the machining is done. Will have a spot for the nozzle to be screwed in so it wont bust out under pressure. It can be adapted for how ever many nozzles you want in the plate.

oh yeah and it will cost about 50 bucks too

·
Registered
134 Posts
WOW! $50.00 bucks huh? Thats cool. I would very much like to see your finished design.

My spacer plate will have a copper tube going through the hole under the SC. There, on both sides of the copper tube, there will be holes for the Nitrous to come out.

A jet just screwed into a plate is a good idea, and a cheeper way to do it. With the copper tube design, and the holes on both sides of it, it will have a better chance to mix with the air, and more of the air comming out of the blower.

With a jet, one jet, your likely to see the mixture about in the 80% range because the jet can only blow the nitrous in one direction...the direction you point it in. Thats why in your intake tube, you point it in the direction the air flow is for a better air to nitrous mixture.

So in my opinion for the jets to work mixing with the air in the intake manifold and NOT loading up only a few cylinders with more of a nitrous/air/fuel mixture you would have to run atleast two jets. And of corse, point them down, but even then with + or - 800PSI of your nitrous bottle pressure, your nitrous stream will be down and fast, and blow to the bottom of the manifold before even getting a change to mix correctly.

Basically your nitrous will be blowing more on the manifold than in the manifold.

With the copper tube, and the air comming from the blower, the way the holes will be placed in the copper tube, you will have more of a nicer mixture. And give it more of a head start to start the mixture the moment it leave the copper tube. Where as with the jet design, you have to rely on the air currents from the SC to do the mixing IN the manifold. Think of your intake manifold as a square aluminum mixing bowl now.

If you look at our intake manifold, the inlet hole is more towards the font of the engine. With a not so good mixture of nitrous, you can really load up the #2,4,1 and 3 cylinders with a not so even mixture. Cylinder #'s 5 and 6 kinda suffer because they are way in the back, from where the inlet hole is in the manifold.

So from the inlet of the manifold you want to make sure all the cylinders are treated equal...or as much as possible.

But thats how good products get made...trial and error.

It works well in my head...we will see once its produced.

~Farnsworth~

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
guess I should go into more details like you did.

I see we are both on the same path. I planned on having the nozzle screw into the spacer and having some sort of misting tube protruding into the open gap, like your set up. The only thing Im tiedering on is whether to let the fuel and nitrous mix in the one nozzle and come out a single tube or have to tubes with the holes facin each other at an angle and let the two seperates mix together as the incoming charge from the s/c crosses over them.

I also planned on have the six strategicly places holes directing the nitrous towards the six different intake runners. Like youve stated 5 and 6 are easily starved if this measure isnt taken.

The cheap machine work comes from havin hook ups in the field. So it would prob cost me normally 125 or so but hey use what you got right. Id love to see your drawings what not sometime

·
Registered
134 Posts
Just an update on my nitrous spacer plate:

I dropped off my design's, and specks, a intake manifold, a supercharger case and had a short breif meeting on what were going to do. For now hes going to think about a way to make the spacer plate, kinda plan his moves in other words.

He will be machining my outlet of my supercharger first then when my LS1 throttle body gets here, he will match the intake of the supercharger to the new throttle body, and create our own spacer /adapter plate to bolt it up.

Once the spacer plate design has been selected, its off to the machine. We will just have to decide on how thick this plate is going to be.

My design has changed a little. Once I thought about it more, I changed a few things...and then a while later changed a few things. Now I have a pretty soild design that will allow the nitrous to be injected into EACH intake runner. The only bad thing is that people may not like is that you will have to modify the lower intake manifold, to do so, you dont have to remove it from the car, but it wouldnt be a bad idea either. If you did remove it you could gasket match the manifold to the heads, and kinda throw on a quick polish job and not have to worry about getting all the aluminum shavings out of the manifold before you install the supercharger back on.

My design is going to be for my dry system. I will have a spot in the line for my jet of choice. Then from there it will go into a "T" and hit cylinder #'s 1,3, and 5. From the "T" it will go through a tube on the front side of the spacer plate, under the snout of the supercharger, into a 90* angle and then it will hit #'s 2,4 and 6. Were talking 800PSI here, so because it will come to the "T" on the right side of the engine before it hits the 90* on the left side, it will still be a equal shot for all cylinders.

It will have a hole drilled all the legth of the spacer plate so its even on both sides, and so it will be in line with all the intake runners. Then there will be a tube comming out of those holes stright into the intake runner, and the tip of the tube will be cut at an angle so it will be sure to direct it into the intake. Thats where you have to modify your lower intake manifold, you have to drill a hole over each intake runner to allow those tubes to be inserted into the intake runners.

Who said modding wasnt fun? I can already see my spacer plate design making it onto my engine before the engine is finished and installed into my car.

Things that might change...the placement of the "T" and 90* angle, I may end up putting it on the back side of the engine, because there isnt too much room on the front to install and change your jets. But I was looking while I was designing it, and you should be able to get in there behind the alternator pretty good.

Thats it for now.
You got a picture of what your design looks like? I will show mine once its all done.

~Farnsworth~

1 - 6 of 6 Posts