1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Previous PB -
2.129 60'
[email protected] 1/8
[email protected] (backed that up with a [email protected] on the next run.)

I discovered that I was having issues at the top of 2 on those runs with the new pcm. Todd and Scott went to work on Todd's car and found many tables in the PCM causing timing to be pulled, etc. They shipped me a new pcm shortly after and I have not had time to get back to the track until today.

The temp was about 48 degrees here for most of the day with 40% humidity and almost no wind. Prep included doing the ELC trick and getting her butt way up there in the air, and removing the spare. I also put on a set of torque star rims with Nitto DR's on them running at 17psi. I decided to do some smokey burnouts even with the open diffy.. they turned out pretty good too hehe I couldn't see for a while.

I only was able to get two runs in... and she had more in her, I was too chicken to push it harder off the line.

Mods at this point:
VS cam
INTENSE Modified Stage 1 pcm
SLP Headers
Removed Cat and Resonator
180 thermostat
Custom CAI

Run 1:

2.023 60'
[email protected] 1/8
[email protected] New PB

I was quite happy with that run but felt I could push it more off the line..

Run 2:

1.991 60'
[email protected] 1/8
[email protected] New PB

She felt stronger on the second run and I wanted to go again but brackets started up.

My main goal with the car was 13.5x's and I made it past that with room to grow on the 60'.. going to aim for more at MGM but for now I'm pretty thrilled. I have done absolutely NO weight reduction to it. Best part is without the INTENSE PCM I couldn't best my 14.2's even with headers.. the only thing I added to the config was a CAI, 180 thermo and the PCM and ticked off 8 tenths with a marginally better 60.

I run 9psi and 22 degrees of timing.

Many thanks to Greg and Jamie for the work on the car!!!! Woot! Im thrilled!

·
Administrator
3,246 Posts
Nicely done Adam. Glad to see my guinee pig is helping you and all the other bonnevilles out. Your making some great times with your mods. Guess its my turn to get to Norwalk and start lowering the bar ;)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys :) I think I can eek a 13.3x out of it but not much more on the 3.25.

It was a good payoff to a lot of work :)

I'm sure Fog will catch me again and Todd will get faster but overall I'm happy :D

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
WooHoo! Great job Adam! The cooler weather will help alot more now too.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Merc said:
WooHoo! Great job Adam! The cooler weather will help alot more now too.
Thanks!

Yeah I think so too. I may be going back tomorrow so I can get some more runs to get a harder launch out of it. It has a large amount of tq off the line with the weight movement also... even with the back end a foot higher off the ground it almost closes the wheel gap LOL.

Im excited about the 22mph gain in the back. There is room to get more out of the current setup.. it almost has me thinking I can score a 12.9 on the 3.25 on a good night :D

Thanks again for the congratz all :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.