3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Napierville Dragway today hoping to improve on my previous 13.756 @ 101.625 and came away a happy camper!

My previous best was with a 3.4" pulley, custom ported M90, custom CAI, TOG headers with 3" cat and an INTENSE Standard PCM and Autolite 104 plugs.

Add to that mix a 3.25" pulley, a mix of 110 and 94 octane gas and Hossier QTP slicks and came up with a time of 13.523 @ 103.794.

There were plenty of embarresed Mustangs and even a stock GTO that pulled 14.2. I'm car # 555;

Cheers,

·
Administrator
3,246 Posts
Very nice Paul. It's always fun to show up the v8's. Keep the lower numbers coming :)

I'm assuming the 110 was leaded, what was your ratio?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Administrator
3,246 Posts
Did you do the ELC trick and pump up the back tires to max? That helps quite a bit. I also move my front passenger seat all the way forward.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rogue said:
Did you do the ELC trick and pump up the back tires to max? That helps quite a bit. I also move my front passenger seat all the way forward.
I don't have the ELC, I removed it all and just installed gas struts :( . I did pump up the rear tires to 40 psi and moved the paasenger seat forward.

I've purchased rubber spring blocks on 2 occaisions and can't get the right size, either too small or too big. I'm going to have to solve that even if I have to make them myself.

My best 60' time of the weekend was 1.957, a good start but not all that impressive considering I had slicks on.

Cheers,

·
Registered
128 Posts
Nice work man!!! I have some catching up to do!! :) Looks like I need to get my crap together and live up to my own hype at MGM.

That's pretty good work for what you have dude.. keep it up! Aint slicks nice!??? ;) :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Adam...but I'm sure you'll find a nice day to be at the track soon enough and I'll have to watch out. I hope you were able to get those PCM issues solved to your satisfaction.

I must say that I'm fortunate to run the times I do with the mods I have, my car must have been built on the right day.

Look forward to seeing a new PB from you too in the near future Adam ;)

Cheers,

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hehehe well thanks for the good wishes.. I hope so too... and yes, MR INTENSE was kind enough to send me a custom file *heavily influenced by Rouge's findings at the track* that has exceeded my expectations and it pulls, quite well, right to the 106mph shift.

My issue is landing a 1.9x 60.. all my times are 2.1+'s. I will say the INTENSE PCM owns.. my PB was 14.28.. using the PCM WITH the errors gained me 3 tenths by itself.. it may just give me over half a second soon enough.

Anyway, again, awesome time.. the MPH on that 60 is what I like to see.. you DO have a weight advantage but I could stand to lose a few lbs LOL.. I never lighten my car. Did you have any interior pulled at all?? What kind of prep did you do, etc?

A

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
For weight reduction I remove the spare tire and trunk carpet, no rear mats or passenger front mat. I've weighed the car previously in track trim and came up with 3720 lbs with 1/4 tank of gas and me in it...without me it would be 3520 lbs., this was almost exactly the weight of a 98 GTP 4 door who also weighed right after me.

Looking forward to hearing your problems are solved with the latest INTENSE PCM. Go get 'em while the weather is cool :cool:

Cheers,

·
Registered
346 Posts
Congratulations Paul. I'm amazed by what you guys are doing with those heavy Bonnevilles!

John

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for all the kind words guys :)

Cheers,

·
Registered
484 Posts
A belated Congratulations.
For weight reduction you can also pull the lower part of the back seat out. Lift the back part out from under the back rest, and then push back at the bottom of the front (of the lower portion) on both the left and right sides, and it will pop right out. Putting it back in is just reverse except you transfer the pressure from pushing back at the front to pushing down on the top and at the same time push forward from the back until you hear it 'snap' into place.
You can also get metal spring clamps/spacers, but they can take abit of time to install compared to the rubber blocks.

And to think there is ONLY have 3 fulls seconds between our E.T's :( Heck even Jason (BonneMeMn) pulls 15.9's in a Series I and my old Series I SLE ran 1/2 second quicker in the 1/8 with 7.5 more MPH too. I think my SSE was built on EVERYONE's bad day. :mad:

·
Vendor
900 Posts
Congrats Paul! Looks like some suspension changes will help you get even better 60' times. Good luck chopping away at the times.

Was the track guy spraying in the second picture? Odd seeing someone that close to the car.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
GTPMORAD said:
Congrats Paul! Looks like some suspension changes will help you get even better 60' times. Good luck chopping away at the times.

Was the track guy spraying in the second picture? Odd seeing someone that close to the car.
And if I get anywhere near your 60' times Ed I'd be really happy. I'm going to visit the dealer this afternoon and see if I can get some of the spring blocks they use for shipping.

Yes that guy was spraying, he did in front of me before I was staged...I had no idea he was actually standing there while I launched! It's a funny track, you can get much closer to the cars than at any other track I've been to.

Cheers,

1 - 18 of 18 Posts