3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Comp G
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! New to the forums but I love the w bodies and am familiar with the platform and have a knack for turning a wrench. Just picked up a red 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Comp G 130k for an absolute steal. I've been starting to mod it, I've got a lot of parts that has been waiting, was going to do a top swap then I found this gem. Parts list is on my profile. Thinking the goal for this "phase" is around a 3.4 pulley w/ proper associating mods to have a fun but reliable time, while I work on upgrading other parts of the car. Any tips around common issues to look out for or those wish I had known that earlier moments are appreciated!

·
Administrator
1,317 Posts
Get HPT and become familiar with what the car is telling you. You want to know what "normal" looks like, what parameters to monitor, and what tables to tweak when you change parts.

Going beyond a basic bolt-on L67/L32 setup (pulley, intake, exhaust, plugs, tune, etc.) means you will be beyond the level where ignoring the car until something breaks. That could get your engine in more trouble than could be avoided if you monitor closer. Not saying you would be ignorant of this, just trying to sell the idea of getting a scanner/tuner setup to go along with more invasive parts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts