3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Congratulations to Robert Silva!

This evening he crushed the previous best by any other 2004 Grand Prix to date. This was the first L32-powered car we've gotten on the dyno with both an intercooler and camshaft, and our PCM had it dialed in very nicely and completely KR-free. All of his runs were done on unleaded fuel, with no fuel additives, a complete exhaust system and no torque converter lockup.

I'll let him post his numbers later or tomorrow when he gets to a computer.

Nice job Robert!

·
Banned
361 Posts
I can't wait to see your new track times, That extra 67 whp should be alot of fun!

WOW that is awesome!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I take it you "crushed" the previous best of anyone with an M90&stage3 cam(355whp) as well as any car you guys have ever dynoed with an M90(355whp)?
We had never dynoed a car with a fifth gen blower, cam and intercooler before. This was our first such setup.

Here's the dyno chart:

The 348.0 WHP was done with a 3.00" supercharger pulley. We changed to a 2.80" for 358.9 WHP, and 2.60" for 366.3 WHP. The torque drop in the last run wasn't as it appeared. For that run, we asked the dyno operator to not mash the gas pedal quite so hard. This helped reduce the initial wheelspin, but dropped the reported torque number slightly.

Congratulations again Robert! You've got a good looking car with a POWERFUL engine combination. There's enough power now to run elevens with good traction and a good driver - even with no weight reduction.

·
Vendor
900 Posts
AWESOME #'s!! Hey Robert, if you cant launch the car, come out here and go to Norwalk with me and I will steal the keys. I have may have a spare set of slicks and skinnies too. ;)

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Congrats Robert!

James, lookes like its time to mod again :)

·
Registered
713 Posts
James, this is not a comparison of which camshaft dynos higher. It is a statement of how Rsilva now has the highest HP 2004 GTP. Lets keep this from spawning off into other challenges please.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thanks for the Congrats guys. I'm sure you will see some nice 1/4 mile times once I get it track preped.

As always the guys at Intense were great.

Robert

·
Registered
1 Posts
Congrats Robert. I think its time I get a NEW ride in your ride... ;) PM me when you gotta go to that pet store again.

-ern

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ernrcr3 said:
Congrats Robert. I think its time I get a NEW ride in your ride... ;) PM me when you gotta go to that pet store again.

-ern
I will let you know when I have to go so we can meet up.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Scott or Robert.... What octane were these pulls done with? I know that you guys had very nice results with pump gas on John K.'s car. Also, any videos of any of the stage III 04 pulls, or runs? :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Dyno chart?

What happened to the chart Zoom posted? I think it was informative, and dispelled some misconceptions that some people at Intense have. I'd like to see it put back up. I didn't think the rest of it was a bash against anyone, he was just defending ZZP's integrity.

Scott, I got your email, and I'm pleased that you moderated your post since it was uncalled for. But I didn't see anything in Zoom's post that was uncalled for.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts