3800Pro Forums banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
First, I recall the fees getting "BOUNCED" from your checking account, then you used a credit card, that's the last I recall.........Tim told me what he received from pay-pal............I really don't care and did not take notes along the way either. If you paid $660 or $1000.00, it's a lot less than the $1300.00 I paid for them.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
First, I recall the fees getting "BOUNCED" from your checking account, then you used a credit card, that's the last I recall.........Tim told me what he received from pay-pal............I really don't care and did not take notes along the way either. If you paid $660 or $1000.00, it's a lot less than the $1300.00 I paid for them.
Negative.

My credit card on file had been canceled by my provider because 70,000 visa numbers were compromised a few months ago when a computer of theirs got hacked, I had not updated my account info, I don't use pay-pal often top send payments.

When I realized it was going to default to my checking account I logged into my online banking and transferred 750$ from my savings to my checking. As this checking account is only used for pay-pal and keeps a $ .10 balance to stay open.

I updated my credit card number, but thanks for reminding me I must update it again because I took some one off the account.

I don't know where you keep making these figures up from.

Your approach to this situation is not helping it at all.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
Quarts said:
I will file a dispute as well if that's the case.
Quarts said:
No, I will be going after Anthony and teaming with Tim joining in the dispute. Thank-You, and have a pleasant day............
You can't file a dispute with out a transaction. You certainly can't file a dispute against some one making a payment to you.

Quarts said:
that's if your still a member later today.
Something neither of you have the ability to do, and I have not provided the admins the basis to do this, you on the other hand...

The only things I know for sure are 1.death 2. taxes
Empty threat at my personal safety.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
My statements are not to be viewed as threats. Sorry, your taking them the wrong way. Still not hearing the phone ringing yet. Send me your # so we can talk.
Based on how you respond to me here, what could I possibly have to say to you on the phone? I don't see how talking on the phone would make any difference.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
Thanks Rogue,
I am reopening this thread to facilitate dialogue. Please be respectful of each other and no personal attacks.
as always.

The thread seems to have lost some weight. :p

Despite Tim insisting this is a Strange Eengineering kit, I've discovered this:

Dynamic Racing Products Online Auto Parts Store - 79-04 Coil Over Kit Front Suspension 12/250

above appears to be exactly what was used in the rear

Dynamic Racing Products Online Auto Parts Store - 79-04 Coil Over Kit Front Suspension No Springs

above you can see the shape of the nut matching more clearly here in black.

probably used the same kit for the front, with different springs.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Thanks Rogue,

as always.

The thread seems to have lost some weight. :p

Despite Tim insisting this is a Strange Eengineering kit, I've discovered this:

Dynamic Racing Products Online Auto Parts Store - 79-04 Coil Over Kit Front Suspension 12/250

above appears to be exactly what was used in the rear

Dynamic Racing Products Online Auto Parts Store - 79-04 Coil Over Kit Front Suspension No Springs

above you can see the shape of the nut matching more clearly here in black.

probably used the same kit for the front, with different springs.
Your right, I built these over a year ago and forgot that I bought a different set of sleeves because everyone was out of the ones I usually used. Which explains why I was sending you a link to the wrong wrench's. I didn't do that to give you the run around, just forgot. But other than the different wrench it doesn't change anything. They were exactly the same besides the shape of the wrench needed to adjust them.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Your right, I built these over a year ago and forgot that I bought a different set of sleeves because everyone was out of the ones I usually used. Which explains why I was sending you a link to the wrong wrench's. I didn't do that to give you the run around, just forgot. But other than the different wrench it doesn't change anything. They were exactly the same besides the shape of the wrench needed to adjust them.
Over a year ago? whats the actual miles on these? just going to and from ohio from Wisconsin twice must have been a large portion of the 2500-3000 miles

Anyway. There is no wrench that fits these nuts.Tomorrow the company that made those sleeves is supposed to see if they have the nuts that take a wrench.

These will still need to be disassembled, top plate rubber bushing trimmed, etc. It's frustrating when I thought I was going to get something that was plug and play. Not going to get any passes with them this season.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
It's still going to take 2-300$ to get these into a use able condition. Granted a 75$ chunk of that is for spring seat nut and jam nut which is my preference. Its likely the only parts to get reused is the struts themselves, springs and sleeves.

It appears that the top plates Tim used have a steel bushing embedded in a larger rubber bushing molded into the plate (these are identical to some top plates i got a murrays/oriley some time ago under the doorman brand, so I have spares to examine), I would assume that all weight of the car will come to rest on the steel bushing, wouldn't it push the rubber bushing through the top plate eventually? It appears that nothing secures the rubber bushing to the top plate, it's molded in and captured but it just floats, nothing supports it. It's not intended to bear a load, just isolate the strut from the car to prevent transmission of vibrations, the spring, which carries the weight of the car, normally sits the plate itself, via a molded seat/bearing.

I need to figure something out for these top plates.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 · (Edited)
The next chapter in the saga:

I've fully dissembled and cleaned the cartridges, and test assembled them with a proper coil over kit. I still have to prime and pain the cartridges.

Unfortunately for me I found that one of the rears clearly is not working properly, as it pushes in VERY easily and takes forever to rebound.

At this point it's clear there is nothing I can do, but I would love to find out the truth about these coil overs. It's pretty clear that the AGX's were not new when these were built regardless of how many miles Ted put on them. ~3000 miles with this amount of rust and a blown rear is pretty thin explanation to me. I suspect these AGX's were used to start with if they weren't already coil overs from some other project before they were put in Ted's car.

I've tested the rear that's questionable on every setting, side by side with the other strut, there is no comparison, its not working right. I think they never expected some one to test these and call them out on it... I guess I'm always too optimistic when buying things, when people advertise something as X, I expect X, but then I always get ****. I'm done buying anything 2nd hand.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Well, they look pretty!

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.