3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought the car, I was told it had an exhaust leak and as it turns out the rear exhaust header is completely gone. It's a TOG from who knows when. I'm trying to avoid purchasing a brand new complete set from ZZP, because ZZP rear header won't work with a TOG down-pipe or I image the front side TOG headers. I would hope to find a used one, TOG is possible, or a used ZZP set. The reason I don't want to invest in a new ZZP set is because I eventually plan on turbo charging it. I'm not sure if I would need to replace the entire exhaust if I turbo charge it.

So this leads to my second option, does anyone know of any cheap Chinese headers and dp that have been know to work and not have any fitment issues? I've done a brief search, the ones I've found though have no reviews or the reviews talk about fitment issues. The person replacing them will not mess with anything that doesn't bolt directly up because he's not making any money off this job, he's getting paid but not big bucks like he does with the Grand National or LS Motors.

Any feedback would be great.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Guess all anyone can do is to shop around and find user comments. For myself after doing a little research, I went with SLP headers(some GM cars came with these several years ago). Any way, the SLP headers are excellent and they are creamic coated for longer live and work and fit perfectly. And if you add a 3" exhaust system there will be a signifant power increase. For me there was a BIG increase in power.............

Mr Goodwrench

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Guess all anyone can do is to shop around and find user comments. For myself after doing a little research, I went with SLP headers(some GM cars came with these several years ago). Any way, the SLP headers are excellent and they are creamic coated for longer live and work and fit perfectly. And if you add a 3" exhaust system there will be a signifant power increase. For me there was a BIG increase in power.............

Mr Goodwrench
Mr. Goodwrench,

These headers will work with the L67, supercharged, motor correct? Is it just the headers or headers and downpipe. Since I believe I have TOG headers and downpipe, I think I need the entire setup. Do you know if TOG made downpipes too or just headers?

Thanks,
Charles

·
Registered
867 Posts
Those SLP headers have a down pipe as part of the headers. Installing the rear header is a little close fir during install. The rear header has a built-in down pipe which is 3" dia. I think when I installed these on my GTP, I loosened up the front torque mount so the engine could be tipped forward a tick for easier rear header install. Other than that, it's a pretty normal install.

In my case I did not use a CAT. Here in minnesota they stopped emission testing some years ago. From what I understand, the overall numbers of newer cars has increased enough that the state decided...because of the increase in newer cars they suspended emission testing. Mind you that's here in Minnesota. Not sure if you area has adopted this in agenda or not. Maybe check with the local authorities for that. Also, if necessary, ZZP has HP CATS in 3" which will most likely do the job. If I were in your shoes and they are not emission testing, forget about the cat and just save it for another day if needed.

Good luck.....Jake

·
Registered
129 Posts
cheap header alternative from what I read other users had bought and used are the speed daddy headers. I never used them before but a lot of wbody had used them with positive results for the price.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have a set of TOGs with a catted DP that I will sell. I don't plan to install them on my GTP.

PM me and let's make a deal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts