3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i just got a 2000 camaro 3800 v6 i want to know what are so cheap and good upgrades i can make to get more HP i dont have much money to spend but through out what every you got plz and thank you

i read on s dif site that SLP cold air induction for about $100 is a good cheaper part. Is that something that would help at all?

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
Depends on how you want to do it and how fast you wanna go.

I feel much better about making a CAI than buying one. You can do a LOT with $100....

A L67 top swap would be a sweet 40-60 hp boost.... with potential for 100+ hp.....easy...

·
Registered
935 Posts
A L67 top swap would be a sweet 40-60 hp boost.... with potential for 100+ hp.....easy...
You can't put an M90 onto a 3800 in a Camaro due to the location of the firewall interfering with the inlet on the charger. A turbo or CSC is a better option for boost in a 3800 Camaro.

But to answer the OPs question high ratio rockers could be cheap and provide a nice increase in power.

Ed

·
Registered
865 Posts
yea i would go with making your own CAI its not hard. as for other cheaper upgrades i believe intense makes a pcm for your car it will really wake it up. and you could go with a northstar MAF it doesn't add much but from what i hear its noticeable

1 - 5 of 5 Posts