3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a little confuzzled about the layout of the calibration numbers when I went to http://calid.gm.com and entered the VIN of my PCM.
1G2WP12K1VF350756

It has several PCM calibration updates, and they're listed in kind of a "staircase" format with an indicator for this VIN's calibration listed at the far right of the staircase at the bottom of it.

What does this mean? Am I running the most current version available, or the earliest? I talked to my friend at the GM dealership and gave him some of the calibration part numbers, but he told me the only way they can search for software updates is by hooking my car up to the console and linking it up to GM's database (probably what I just looked up on that site) and from there it can be reflashed with the most current version.

Thing is, if I'm already on the most current flash, I'd have just tossed away ~$75 for them to tell me that. I'd like to know beforehand.

Also, think there's really anything to gain from flashing in a newer version? Did they do anything to improve (or perhaps degrade) performance as they've produced new updates? I'm pretty happy with what I have right now, but if there's something that can be easily done to make it even better, I'm all for it.

Thanks for any help.
-Mike

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
The 'little staircase' shows all the revisions of PCM code for your VIN, but there's no way to know what updates have been applied without reading your PCM.

Dealers have no way to apply updates unless you take your car to them.

Hope this helps to clear up some of your confusion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts