3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will here soon be running a 3.2" pulley with the mods listed in my sig. I already have 104's in the car. Now just with the 3.4" pulley I've seen up to 12-13 pounds of boost and I've heard when running 12 pounds or more boost to run 103's. Will I be safe with the 104's after seeing how much I have with the 3.2" pulley or should I make the switch to 103's?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I agree with Scott, 104s but you might be borderline ready for 103s and Todd you're running a 3" pulley right? If so definitely a 103 plug for you at those boost levels, lotsa heat you wanna take back out of the cylinder chamber :)

·
Administrator
3,246 Posts
I run a 3.0 at the track, but 3.2 day to day which is why I have not yet changed them. I will probably do this in the near future.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Mr. INTENSE said:
Todd - we should get you switched to 103's at your boost level.
No no Scott. Leave Todd's plugs as they and switch back to the Generation 3, that'll take care of the boost ;)

Cheers,

·
Administrator
3,246 Posts
Foghorn said:
No no Scott. Leave Todd's plugs as they and switch back to the Generation 3, that'll take care of the boost ;)

Cheers,
If I didn't know any better Paul, I'd think you wanted me to get slower ;)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Rogue said:
If I didn't know any better Paul, I'd think you wanted me to get slower ;)
Who me :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

But now that you have many runs and miles on those 104s, how are they holding up?

I saw a couple of guys this weekend running much hotter plugs than I would have expected, but they don't seem to have problems...yet.

Cheers,

·
Registered
174 Posts
Foghorn said:
Who me :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

But now that you have many runs and miles on those 104s, how are they holding up?

I saw a couple of guys this weekend running much hotter plugs than I would have expected, but they don't seem to have problems...yet.

Cheers,

they do make ahuge difference, when I firstt got the rockers on my car, I went to get som 104's but the guy gave me 25's, yeah truck plugs, well i ran a 13.9 at 98 mph. swapped to the 104's when i realized what happened, and ran a 13.5 at 102, just from the plug swap. So make sure you got the right plug for your set up

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, that does make a difference. Unfortantely, the racing season is over for me right now though this year so I won't get to see the difference on the strip. I chipped a piece out of my number 4 piston at the meeting at wes's house so now time for a new engine plus also finding out my car hitting the limiter is a tranny issue and not a pcm issue like I though so the tranny will be tackled after the engine. But it was time I guess, the car has 112,000 miles on it but has gone strong since I bought it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts