3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need gmpd.com part number for ls6 springs and retainers.

can I also get valve cover gaskets and rocker arm bolts for my L67 there too?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Valve Spring - LS6 2002+

Valve Spring Retainers - LS1/LS6

Yes you can get the gaskets and bolts there also, But you might as well get the Harland Sharp bolts from Intense. They are reuseable.

Lonnie

·
Registered
2 Posts
I wrote gm parts direct and asked them for the part number for the LS6 springs but they did not get back to me quick so I wen't to another forum and recieved the same part number as above for the LS6 12586484 But ....gm parts direct wrote me yesterday and gave me this number for the LS6 spring 12565117. Now if you go there and type in these two numbers it gives you two different prices one is 5.19 and one is 5.38. its obvious that they are different. Since I already placed my order for # 12586484 @ 5.19 each and then recieved the part #12565117 from GMPD I am wondering WTF? Are there different years for the LS6 besides 02-04? Sucks thinking I ordered the wrong stuff. If anyone knows please post. It would be very helpful. BTW 12586484 on GMPD discription just says spring but 12565117 says LS6 spring. Since springs are marked non-returnable I think I should have been patient and waited for GMPD's reply.

·
Registered
187 Posts
One is the pre 02 spring. The 484 is the correct number. Odds are you'll get rolled over to the new number anyway when you order unless they have a supply of the old ones on hand they wanna get rid of. Email Greg Was at paceparts and he'll help you out. You might get him to do some price matching for you as well if he can.

·
Registered
847 Posts
How many of this in the package? I need to replace my springs also, but later I will swap a mild cam in there (VS or Intense S1X).
Can this springs (LS6) handle this type of camshafts too or should I just get the 105 springs?

·
Registered
36 Posts
You guys should try sites such as www.ls1tech.com , www.ls1.com , and www.ls2.com for used LS6 spring and retainers. I was able to pick up a complete set of 16 springs and retainers out of an 04' ZO6 w/4K miles on them for $60 shipped. ;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Comp Cam 105# Valve SPrings & Titanium Retainers

Beto said:
How many of this in the package? I need to replace my springs also, but later I will swap a mild cam in there (VS or Intense S1X).
Can this springs (LS6) handle this type of camshafts too or should I just get the 105 springs?
IMO - you should just get the Comp Cam 105# Valve SPrings & Titanium Retainers - only cuz I got em for sale .. LOL - they are practically brand new - email or PM me for details if interested. Your going to pay about $125 for stock springs and about $130 for the Comp Cams 105# plus shipping. I am selling my springs for $125 shipped. Same price on the retainers - $125 shipped or $240 for both sets - shipped. These were bought from Intense!

Blessings,
Rick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts