3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had pretty good luck dialing in fuel in timing, but I am not to good with the trannies. Right now the stock table has the 1-2 shift occurring at 5450 RPM's. When I check my scans, though, it is shifting right around 5900. I tried raising it up but I start floating the valves before it shifts. I figure it needs to get firmed up before I can raise it. The 2-3 is fine, I just can't figure out the 1-2.

Any ideas? I am using HPTuners latest software version and I am not sure where to start. Thanks.

-Geoff

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Have you looked at Shift Properties (Desired Shift Time vs Torque)?
You could shorten the times up a bit. I would start with small changes.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I looked at that table, but the it didn't look like it could account for the big differences in shift time. The 1-2 is .275 seconds and the 2-3 is .200 seconds. This doesn't seem like a big factor but I will give it a try.

Another thing I noticed is that on the shift properties screen, it has Max Line Pressure set to 96. When I look at the "Force Motor Current vs. Commanded Line Pressure vs. Temp" table, the "96" column is all 24's. Is that a coincidence? If I bump it up to 100 will it start ripping shifts? I was hoping someone had played with this already. I don't want to make my car the sacrificial lamb for this (but I will :p).

-Geoff

1 - 3 of 3 Posts