3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This project is not finished, but I figured this may be helpful to someone anyhow.

I couldn't remember to keep taking pictures throughout, so there are some big jumps here and there.

I'm starting with pictures;...Maybe I will add text later.

This is using sseilmnop's Core.

If the Picture Links go Bad, you can see them here: https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=f7b1b6a84cbde991&page=play&resid=F7B1B6A84CBDE991!903

One tube is too close to Alt Bracket.

I have put a rag into the right tube. I am about to cut that tube shorter. After it is cut I can pull out the rag, and any shavings should come out with it.

Test fit the molded heater hose I bought...looks good.

Drilled lower Intake for PCV...I went in at a slight angle in order to hit the right spot.

Dimes are being bonded in to block coolant flow.

I put a skim coat of sealant on lower intake to wet it out. Most of what you see was removed with a spreader. Doesn't take much to wet it.

My ported Gen3

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Checking to make sure everything lines up ok to my gen 3 that was already ported.

The Grey Permatex seemed to be setting quickly, so I worked fast to get everything together...not stopping to take pictures along the way.

I modded my own rails and need to go back and paint them...just wanted to make sure they wouldn't leak first.

For the headache of modding the rails(figuring out a design, cutting, bending, welding, silver soldering, etc.), the cost of the fittings, and worrying if they are going to leak once installed, I would just buy a set if I had to do it again.

I mounted the IC pump to the bracket(aluminum) that holds the headlight assy. Just needed to make a hole for the hose to pass through and a spot for the IC pump bracket to attach to.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

Showing hoses hooked up.

In this picture, you can see the foam wrapped around the tanks where there could be contact with other objects. The foam is the kind used for mounting a topper onto a pickup.

The stock hood latch interferes with the placement of the FMHE, as does the bracket that holds the hood latch and crash sensor. I chopped the bracket where pictured. I kept from here down. The crash sensor was moved to this section. The center bracket on the ZZP FMHE is very soft, so I bent it 90* with just my fingers so that it wouldn't gouge into the A/C Fins(could have been cut off,but I didn't have a complete plan at this point)

This pic shows the cutting plane more clearly. the tab that holds the crash sensor is shown also. I chopped that and welded it to the lower section, safe, behind the bumper. I cut out the Latch release cable bracket to use with the new design. The 2 tubes that come forward were later lengthened and chopped off after the bend down. I put new bars between there and the original bottom section. The stock latch is not usable, so I replaced it with"AutoLoc BCTR Bear Claw Trunk/Hood Large Latch Assembly"....$33 from Amazon.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
My Finished bracket with latch mounted.

Close up of latch monted on bracket; also showing the stock cable bracket welded onto my modded bracket. Stck cable works perfectly.

Upper latch mounts with 2 Bolts. I re-used 2 of the 4 stock bolts. The first blts into one of the original threaded holes in the hood and the other bolt got a new hole with an easily accessable nut on the back side. The long bar coming forward is the safety realease. The AutoLoc comes with a short tab for the release; I added the long piece, which ends in the vertical grill bars.

This s the IC Pump relay I bought at Autozone for ~$5.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Everything is working again. I have added some text and will add more in the future.

Thanks for letting me know so that I can try to fix it.

If anyone notices bad links or pictures going down again, please let me know.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Nice neat install. I'm particularly interested in how that drilling for PCV function worked out. I've got a similar pcv port match problem with my ZZ IC core assy. For the last year I've simply been using a breather which works well but needs baby sitting to keep that area clean. I assume you angle drilled to the OE hole in order to match the hole in your IC.. Yes or....

Thanks for the pics Jake L.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice neat install. I'm particularly interested in how that drilling for PCV function worked out. I've got a similar pcv port match problem with my ZZ IC core assy. For the last year I've simply been using a breather which works well but needs baby sitting to keep that area clean. I assume you angle drilled to the OE hole in order to match the hole in your IC.. Yes or....

Thanks for the pics Jake L.
Here is a link to the sseilmnop IC that I used...it has pictures also. Read all that he has to say about it. There is also a link to a how to on plumbing a breather into your throttle body(this is what I had to do on the front). The rear is drilled to a locatoin not far from stock.

http://www.3800pro.com/forum/sale/34886-phenolic-intercooler-gen-3-iii-gen-5-v-l67-l32-eaton-m90-stage-3-a.html

I only drilled on an angle because if I had gone straight down, it would have gotten into the runner casting a little. Not sure if my casting was thicker there than most or what, but, figured adding a little angle to the hole whouln't hurt anything, and would insure I didn't have a thin spot.

Not really a helpful answer, but hopefully it makes things more clear.

·
Registered
9 Posts
cool mounting place for your FMHE. You didnt have to cut your bumper frame at all. I will be installing mines soon and i wish i didnt have to do any cutting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts