3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
my brakes are binding!

Today I felt the car is binding the brakes slighly. I did put it in neutral and its not moving freely. I lifted the front and turn the wheels by hand and is very hard to do. Did the same to the rear and those are also sticking. Need help soon!

·
Registered
134 Posts
All 4 of them are sticking?

When you drive do you smell hot brakes? If you do, it might be your caliper pistons are stuck, and either your caliper needs replacing or if you have skilz, rebuild them.

If no hot brake small, and you feel a drag...check and make sure your e-brake is completely off. Sometimes if some corrosion gets on your cable, it can cause your rear brakes to drag. As for the front, lifting the car up and turing the wheels by hand will be hard, as you have to move a drive shaft and parts of the transmission, even if its in netural.

Inspect your brakes for dammage/corrosion/workn out parts before you get in there with a wrench and start taking things apart. Of just take it to a service place that offers free brake inspections and see what they say. Whent hey tell you whats wrong, stop by a AutoZone or O'Reillys and get you the parts you need to make the repair.

~Farnsworth~

1 - 4 of 4 Posts