3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
ask lance from c/fv6... i know he got a pretty decent rebuild.

the problem is that there isn't much aftermarket support for the T5 WC. there are a few sites i've seen that do performance builds, but i don't know about 10s. they will probably suggest you rig up a TKO or 3550 adaptation, which would be interesting. i don't think anybody's tried it yet, and you are definitely one to experiment...

·
Registered
8 Posts
in australia we have a conversion kit that allows us to match up a Tremec T56 currently whats behind the 2005 monaro to our rear wheel drive L67 im not sure, if your have such a product in the US of A

The Tremec being 6 speed so lots of fun and handling power of upto 1000hp in some aussie V8 setups would be a great combo

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[ - ? - ] said:
in australia we have a conversion kit that allows us to match up a Tremec T56 currently whats behind the 2005 monaro to our rear wheel drive L67 im not sure, if your have such a product in the US of A

The Tremec being 6 speed so lots of fun and handling power of upto 1000hp in some aussie V8 setups would be a great combo
no i can't find anything yet :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
[ - ? - ] said:

This is what I'm looking for. do you or anyone have more info on who makes it?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Check out www.dellowauto.com.au for lots of manual and automatic transmission adapters.

I like the 3800 V6 to C4 adapter, but there are lots of manual options too.

Thanks to David Wilzig in Australia (he frequents this site) for pointing out this company.

Regards from Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I am working on a kit to put a t-56 behind our 3800's as we speak. I hope to have it done come spring. I still have some bugs to work out of it. It will use the F-body T-56 from the 93-97 cars. The only down side will be that because I am a little guy the housing adapter to the block will need to be sent to me to have it modified. I don't have the funds to have a bunch of bell housings lieing around. I see there are quite a few people that want this, me being one of them. The kit is getting fully tested on my car. If it works on mine, driving it every day, and pulling 11's, Then I will start selling the kits to people that want them. I just need to be sure there are no problems on my daily driver. I want this to be the perfect install kit. Let me know if this is realy something you guys out there would want, or if I am wasting my time thinking of do a small mass production.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just got a price from www.malwoodauto.com.au out of Australia, $275 plus shiping to the states for there kit. I think that is just the adaptor. If yours is in that ballpark then I'm in. Keep us up to date on it. The time frame looks good for me, thats about the time I will be ready to buy. I will be using it in a S-10 with the 3800s/c. What will you kit be, an adaptor plate or a reworked/new bell housing? clutch?

·
Registered
112 Posts
viper04af said:
if the price is right :)
Most likely because I won't be selling the transmissions themselves. Anyone would be able to pick up a used T-56, ship me the bell housing, I will do my mods on the housing and include an adapter plate, along will other small misc. components, and send it back for under $500. I am trying to design it so you can use all factory parts, other than some small things that need to be fabricated. I want to be able to use a 6 speed F body crossmember (so you can get it from the salvage yard), The 1993-1997 T-56, the factory pull style slave off of the 93-97 F body, The stock master, and the stock transfer hose with the restrictor removed. The goal is if you break something you can run to the local parts store and get what you need. The only things I want to have moddified are the adapter plate, the bell housing, piolet bearing, and spacers for the throughout. This is why it will take some trial and error. The stock 3800 style clutch, pressure plate, and flywheel will also be retained. As will the stock shifter location (or close by +/- 1"). There are too many comany's out there that have so may specialty items on thier stuff, that you are screwed when you break something. The only thing is some guys will want to do an automatic to manual conversion, I will only be able to supply this much. They will have to get the pedal assembly, and figure out where to put the hole in thier floor. We will know by spring, I have only started my second trial and error. There are a bunch more to go =)

·
Registered
112 Posts
3800 s/c fiero said:
I just got a price from www.malwoodauto.com.au out of Australia, $275 plus shiping to the states for there kit. I think that is just the adaptor. If yours is in that ballpark then I'm in. Keep us up to date on it. The time frame looks good for me, thats about the time I will be ready to buy. I will be using it in a S-10 with the 3800s/c. What will you kit be, an adaptor plate or a reworked/new bell housing? clutch?

By the way............... I realy like the idea of a S10 with a S/C 3800!! Cool!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.