3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
MSD does make an ignition box for a distributorless ignition system (IIRC, it's called a DIS-4). The advantage to running it, along with their coil packs and wires, is that you can run pretty much any heat range spark plugs with a large gap (0.060"-0.070"). If you want to dress up your engine bay, go for it. Otherwise, money can be spent better elsewhere.

·
Registered
439 Posts
i have the DIS-4 on my camaro, running NA withe turbo tune and 57# hour injectors the car was ectreamly rich :eek: after installing that i got 26MPG avg (only 1 MPG less then stock lol) and the O2 sensor rarly maxed out at 2V any more but there still showing above 1 volt <<< still just a bit rich lol :cool:

also the spark plugs would foul about ever 50 miles after the install i put 400 miles on them with no problems

·
Registered
784 Posts
I'm running a dis 4 on my 98' GTP. Since installing it i'm runiing a plug gap of .065 with a 3.0" SC pulley. I like it. However If anyone does put one in make it your last mod not your first. Unless your mods enable you to run a small pulley, you won't notice anything and will be mad at what you spent for it. Even with a highly modified car you won't notice much.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts