3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,
I bought my Stage 2 cam and my Stage 2 Heads along with a TCC-350 torque converter, MLS .052 head gaskets, and exhaust manifold gaskets.
A buddy down here is doing the work for me and said i need these things also:
*Cam install Kit w/ new timing chain and tensioner
*New Head bolts ( ARP Head Stud Kit recomended )
*New Head Gaskets ( MLS 4 layer recomended ) **Got em**
*New Torque converter bolts ( ARP )
*New Plugs (Autolite 103)

He said to get the ZZP HIV insert, its $200, will it make that much of a difference that i should get it or not?

No I have split fire plugs, will they work or will they burn up under pressure?
Scott I ask you cuz I figure you'll tell me what I truly need and what I can go without. Thanks for your help guys.

·
Registered
565 Posts
You need the cam install kit, and the chain/dampener are highly recommended, especially if you have high mileage.

Head bolts are also a must, since they are TTY.

I'm not sure on the TC bolts, whether or not they are reusable.

You don't NEED new plugs, but generally you want colder plugs the more boost you're pushing.

As for the SplitFires, I have not heard anything good about them...

ZZP HVII - Is this going in an L36??? That's what the HVII is designed for. If so, L67 heads will NOT work on an L36.

Hope some of this helps.

·
Registered
713 Posts
You should definately get all the bolts and gaskets that he recommended. Total they all cost less than $300 and it is good to have piece of mind when it comes to your car, especially when adding the amount of power that you are.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies guys, most likely i will get the new bolts and Buck I am interested if it is for the 3800 series 2 L36 engine. Email me on aol.
Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts