3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
A few days ago i started to notice this knocking noise comming from my motor. I had someone look at it and listen to it and he says he thinks the timing chain tensioner either backed off or broke and now the chain is loose and smacking the cover. anyways i have the intense mps on the sc with a 3.4 pulley. I had to purchase the zzp puller system because intense was out of stock :( my question is, do i leave the pulley on the hub system and take it off that way, and is it going to hurt anything? Sounds like a dumb question but i dont want to screw anything up. I need to install the stock pulley in order for my warranty to still be good.. (whew)
Thanks,
Jim Starr Jr :cool:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey Jim,

ALl you need to do is make sure you have a backing plate.

You will need an INTENSE backing plate.

You will need to remove the pulley from the hub so as not to damage the pulley.

What you will be remiving is the actual hub..!!not the pulley.

than i beleive the intense hub will bolt up to the backing plate. Than using the puller you can safely remove the system.

i know the DUB and the zzp you dont need to bolt up the backing plate. just place the backing plate behind the HUB and use the puller tool to remove the hub/backing plate.

·
Administrator
3,246 Posts
There is usually a backplate designed for pulling off the hub needed however I'm not sure if it's done with the pulley attached to the hub or not. I'm sure someone will chime in shortly.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'M pretty sure you don't want to keep the pulley there because you can distort it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Here are some pics. These are the "backing plates"

the one on the left has the holes in it.. this part will actually screw in to the HUB this is the plate for the DUB.

the one on the right does not need the screws to be attached this is the one for the ZZP.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
If its a MPS, remove the pulley first, then pull off the hub. Same with pressing on the new hub. Make sure you have the backing plate that is made for a MPS!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts