3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible for the Motor Mounts to cause KR on a Grand Prix?
I have heard yes from some.. and no from some.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im sorry.. they are the aluminum motor mounts.

I dont have a scan of it as of now, because john did it.

·
Registered
768 Posts
yep

well, i replaced my passenger side lower mount which was absolutely destroyed, and was quite surprised at how much much my KR went down. added new intense blocks up top and the KR was down to almost nothing. :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
My lower mount was trashed and it made the KR bad enough to the point where I didn't get on it. :(

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so you are saying it could possibly be a bad lower motor mount?

·
Registered
78 Posts
definitely...a bad lower engine mount will cause KR...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Lower mount will cause kr or false kr? I figure since the engine is rocking and the kr sensor is picking it up it will give you false kr or no? (did this even make sense?) :eek:

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Ryan since you have solid upper mounts, your lower mounts are working really hard and if they are worn out that can cause problems.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Does the KR (knock retard) cause vibration in the cabin, steering wheel when driving? I have to ask becuase my car is vibrating when accelerating.

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts
?????

Merc said:
Ryan since you have solid upper mounts, your lower mounts are working really hard and if they are worn out that can cause problems.
I'm not sure I understand your comment. I would think the 2 things that would wear out the lower mounts would be excessive movement and petroleum contaminants.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts