3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, got the car back together, again today. New head gasket since I pulled the front head and everything checked ok. Timing chain checks ok and the front head is fine as well. I didn't pull the back one though since the front looked good and it was still in time. Tried to start it, nothing. I can hear it try to start but it won't. I put new plugs in and pulled one, I can smell gas on it, so it is getting fuel. WTF now?

·
Registered
225 Posts
did u test all the coils?
simply way to do it is to put a plug in the wire and hold it against the frame (to ground it) and try turning the car over. if it sparks that coil is ok. try it for all 6 posts.
sounds awfully like a bad coil or ICM to me

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts
Did you triple check the plug wires? Too many times they get swapped and overlooked.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Checked one by one with the wire off to see if the coils would spark and they did. Could be a screwed up wire, I will try that next.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I believe if you were having just one bad wire(maybe even 2) your car would still start and run, rough but run...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Check the ECM Fuse. I had taken everything apart at one of our events and THEN checked the fuse and guess what it was. Hope you get it running soon. Good Luck.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Charge the battery, duh.
It started after sitting on the charger for a while. Now I have to sort out what looks like a small fuel leak somewhere and get the PS lines back in shape.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts