3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently purchased a 2000 gtp. I am looking to start modding and would like to get a performance package. Anyone know where to find a good kit for about $1000? :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
zz performance has kits for the gtp, not sure what your looking for though, 1.9 split ratio rockers, headers with cust. exaust, smaller pully on the supercharger and a performance dhp will help

·
Registered
122 Posts
Im not sure if its more worthwile to buy a kit or buy the stuff seperately but I can help you out with some mods..
basically the first mods alot of people do are exhaust work and intake to get that thing breathing.. Purchase an air intake, i have the thrasher intake on my 99 gtp. Get rid of the u-bend in your exhaust. Buy a high flow cat. I have a Random Tech 3'' downpipe and highflow cat on my car. What a difference! you will also want to either buy a catback system or have one bent for you. Note: will prob be cheaper to have one bent! After you have those mods done you can start looking into getting a smaller pulley on the supercharger. If you go with a 3.4 pulley you will want to have the pcm reprogrammed, 2 step colder spark plugs (autolite 104's), 180 deg stat. Oh yeah. pfyc.com has a 2 or 3 gauge pod for sale you might wanna pick one of those up with a boost gauge and air fuel gage. If you want to go farther then these mods, im sure the more experienced will chime in. Hope this helps.
If you would like a more detailed explanation. Head over to www.intense-racing.com and check out the performance recipies.. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts