3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing a N* swap on my GTP this weekend. I'm planning on taking my stock TB, cleaning it up and moddifying it to put on my g/f's GT. Any hints, tips, advice I need. I was told to block the areas that are not used with epoxy. I would love some pictures. All help is appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
441 Posts
2000SilverGTP said:
...Any hints, tips, advice I need. I was told to block the areas that are not used with epoxy....
I've never done it, but i'd recomend using a metalized (aluminum) epoxy so the thermal expantion rates are at least closer to each other than would be otherwise.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I agree with above, basically I mirrored the sealed areas from my GT TB to the GTP TB and then ported it out to 72mm inlet. Of course with this much 'flow' the maf may read off from stock so an AFC or tuning device would be in order to dial that GT in. :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Timberwarp said:
I agree with above, basically I mirrored the sealed areas from my GT TB to the GTP TB and then ported it out to 72mm inlet. Of course with this much 'flow' the maf may read off from stock so an AFC or tuning device would be in order to dial that GT in. :D
Well, I already have the AFC on there, so it's just a matter of tuning afterwards. What would be the best type of epoxy to use, and where can I get it? How much if you can answer the previous two questions?

Thanks.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Has anyone ever managed to get an L36 MAF into an L67 TB? I know the opening in the L67 MAF is smaller than the L36, but has anyone tried boring it out to fit the L36 MAF in there? I saw the two circle holes with the wire thing going across in the MAF's are in the same positions. If you did that, you wouldn't have to do any tuning, correct?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Don't quote me on this, but a local GTP member of mine busted his GTP MAF and put in a GT MAF in his GTP TB and didn't have to tune anything.

·
Registered
106 Posts
99GT2dr said:
Has anyone ever managed to get an L36 MAF into an L67 TB? I know the opening in the L67 MAF is smaller than the L36, but has anyone tried boring it out to fit the L36 MAF in there? I saw the two circle holes with the wire thing going across in the MAF's are in the same positions. If you did that, you wouldn't have to do any tuning, correct?
I run a 98 L67 TB on my 99 GT. I used an epoxy like the Quicksteel, then after it set, I hit it all with a flapper to assure it was not raised above the TB. I did grind out the Maff hole a bit, then used Red RTV to assure I had not leaks around my Maff.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I run a 98 L67 TB on my 99 GT. I used an epoxy like the Quicksteel, then after it set, I hit it all with a flapper to assure it was not raised above the TB. I did grind out the Maff hole a bit, then used Red RTV to assure I had not leaks around my Maff.
Sweet, I have a '98 L67 TB as well, and was wanting to put my '99 GT MAF into it b/c I don't have anything to tune with. Will doing that make the L67 MAF not reusable in the TB? I'll be putting on an M90, and I have to use that TB when I put it on.

·
Registered
106 Posts
99GT2dr said:
Sweet, I have a '98 L67 TB as well, and was wanting to put my '99 GT MAF into it b/c I don't have anything to tune with. Will doing that make the L67 MAF not reusable in the TB? I'll be putting on an M90, and I have to use that TB when I put it on.
I don't know for sure but once you modify the TB to mate up with the L36 upper plenum, I don't think it will mate up with the M90 right. Then again, I'm not sure of the purpose for the open back of the L67 TB vs the L36.

I have side by side comparrison pictures I'll see if I can find.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks, if I can't put it on it's no big deal. I just figured since I have it laying around I might as well get it on the car and make a little more power. But I can wait if I have to for the M90, then i'll be making all the power I need :) I had both TB's side by side yesterday, I fitted the L67 one on my upper plenum and I know I could get it on, the problem for me is the MAF's. I don't want the L67 one to not be reusable when I get the M90 hooked up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts