3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI all.
I've owned a lot of cars over my life.
Had a 2000 impala with the 3800 series II that I enjoyed. Liked the power and reliability.

I had an 89 Taurus S.H.O. as well and loved the sleeper feeling.

So I want a supercharged 3800 Series II with the 4T65E-HD Transmission.

But I want a Plush Ride! Creature comforts.

I like that the Grand Prix SSEI has a wide wheel base but looks too sporty (lol) and want that old man car with the AARP bumper sticker look but with major power. I plan on spending about 1500 on the engine and mods.

Any Reconditions???
I watch Mr. Random Reviews and saw the Riviera G Body was the one to have. Any help would be appreciated!!!

·
Registered
2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GT
12 Posts
If you're new to modding the 3800 platform and don't know where to buy parts I'd recommend just going to zzperformance website and taking a look. They are the best when it comes to the 3800

·
Super Moderator
489 Posts
There's also a few YouTube channels that cover the basics. Terrell Smith and Salem Doyle cover alot of the intro topics, and you can see How-to videos of most things as you search. (I'd say check out mine, but it's mostly my custom work being done after doing 3800 modding for 18yrs).

One of Terrell's Q&A's that can get you started (some of the 3800 jargon can be figured out by searching around)

FYI - If $1,500 is your budget for mods, I'd stick to the basics like the ZZP Stage 2 package, because anything more will require a big jump in investment, and put you in the transmission upgrade danger zone (I lived in that zone for ~10yrs with my GTP, and it's not always fun).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts