3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jeff, I looked at the coil posts thier not corroded. Also I replaced all the plug wires. The same code keeps poping up and the ses light is flashing!!!! It misses soooooo bad that i can hear it pinging when driving above 2500RPM.
I tried unpluging the mass airflow sensor with the same results. I checked for vac leaks and there are none 14psi @ idle. I replaced the 3\6 ign. coil. Still NOT fixed. I disconnected the o2 sensor in the ext. manifold and the pinging was not as bad, but the car wants to stall when stoping with the o2 sensor not connected. I have a 3.3 [email protected] boost with 103 plugs, 160 thermostat and custom 2.5" ext. headers back, no cat and Flow Master muffler. Would these mods cause sever knock like i have? Also the PCM was switched from a 2000 regal to a 99gtp. Could not having a case learn done on it cause this knock?

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts
Pull the plug and check it out.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Have you replaced the coil packs? Are them making good connection to the backing plate? Try stwitching the coils around and seeing if the misfire moves to a different cyl.

·
Registered
6 Posts
man o man am i glad i'm not the only one....i've replaced the plug, switched wires with diff. cyl. to see if the misfire moves, i've replaced the coil pack, and now i'm about to check out the injector...mine is on cyl. 2 though. Have you found anything out/taken it to a garage? my car is doing the EXACT same thing here...but i am getting spark all the way to the plug, so everything ignition-wise is good!

let me know what you find out and i'll do the same

kent :eek:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yeah, probably a plugged injector to that cylinder if you've got consistant spark.

·
Registered
6 Posts
well, hopefully this helps you out...if not, bad injector...

today i was messing around with the injectors to find that one of the U-clips that holds the electrical connector to the injector had worked its way loose. I pushed it in all the way, fired it up and no more miss...oh how these things happen. Anyways, hope this helped!

kent

·
Registered
57 Posts
Spark Plug Gap

I recently did a plug change and was getting the same misfire reaction from my car. I have TR6 gapped at .052 but I was still getting the misfire and flashing SES light. It a long story, but the short of it is that I re-gapped the plugs at .049 and the misfire and SES light went away.

So before you guys change another part on you car, please check your spark plug gap!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.