3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
couple days ago, my car started missing...stuttering...ect.
I took it to get the OBD II scan and it came up as missfire on cyl. #2. Now, i've changed out the spark plug and the coil...switched the wires from another cyl. to see if the missfire would move to there, but nothing. Getting spark to the plug (can't bend my fingers as proof!) and i'm getting gas....MAYBE

here is the theory...Maybe it wasn't the spark at all...maybe my #2 injector went bad and is setting the O2 sensor for a loop. So, to compensate, the computer tells the other injectors to open pulse width a lil...hence the smell of unbernt and RICH fuel delivery. Anyways, your guys' suggestions are more than needed and any help you may have (or experience) would be appreciated!

thank you
kent

·
Banned
189 Posts
Kent,

An injector swap would absolve or convict an injector.
Have you performed a compression or leakdown test?
also, a bent or broken pushrod, broken valve spring can cause this as well.

BIG JEFF

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i am not losing any vacuum nor is the car heating up. My oil psi. is consistant, but i do probably need to take it to a garage and get a compression test on the cylinder...
can i limp it until friday?

kent

·
Registered
108 Posts
I agree with the plugged injector. Switch that injector to a diff cylinder and see if the misfire follows it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
good news....one of the clips had worked its way loose on the injector and it wasn't making a good electrical connection to the plug-in. WHEW! so, needless to say, she is back and running strong and i made sure that will not happen again ;)

thanks for all the input!

kent

1 - 5 of 5 Posts