3800Pro Forums banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Have fun racing today!!! I'll be thinking about ya'll while I'm at work and at the Bachelorette Party. LOL!!!

Set some good times, and bring me back some pictures :icon_razz

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Yes, the INTENSE cars were there. I didn't see any PB's set by them. I did watch Tim run a 9.1x at one point. Scott told me he was having traction issues. On most of his runs, he didn't even spool up like normally does.

My tranny broke on my very first pass. It felt like the best launch I've ever had so that makes me wonder what if. I will know on Monday probably what exactly I lost.

I do have to thank Brent Dyer for putting the car on his trailer. He was going to take it all the way to his house and leave it there until I could come up and get it. I found a uhaul that has a truck and dolly I can rent.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I agree Derek, you had a good shot for a nice run. We will see what happened pretty quick. I just hate seeing it happen, and it being on your 1st run. Thanks to everyone for such a great time. It was nice to to put faces with forum members. Thanks again everyone for an awesome time.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Thanks to everyone at INTENSE for the great showing at MGM! Traction and the 25 mph wind may have hindered you but....we got 2 new PB's: 60' 1.633 and 12.177 :yippee:
Sorry we didn't win the burn-out contest Scott, but as you saw (cringing) the tranny and LSD held up fine :biggthump
Glad you all made it for dinner (before the 7:30 start time) and a little socializing Friday night too.

MGM was another success with the help from Sponsors like you who not only donated a great prize but, brought your entire "stable" (that's for you Tracy) for everyone to see.

Spring MGM date is April 19th, so that gives us plenty of time to prepare!

***Derek, glad you made it home safe and yes, we have a very good group who will pitch in and help out. We're not just a bunch of pretty faces :new_silly

Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Good to hear that all went well.

Although it was quite interesting hauling my gooseneck HT to a state park with gas cans and wheelie bars and stuff in the back on Sunday! Never know when you might need that high octane race fuel to start a fire!

Hey Fran - nice talking to you! The next time you guys are in town - be sure to tell Scott that we must have dinner! :)

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
We all had a great time, and really appreciated all the fantastic hospitality. :)

There are lots of really good people in the MIGPC, and we really missed hanging out and racing with you for the last four years. :icon_sad:

Even with the huge headwind, Bob, Tim and I all trapped between 145 and 151 mph, but we couldn't get enough traction to set any records. The highlight for me though was watching Bob let off the gas and get back into it three times on one pass, and still run 9.76 @ 151 mph. That was just SICK! :icon_twis

Here are some excellent pictures by the way:

http://www.migpc.com/forumv2/viewtopic.php?t=6728

http://www.migpc.com/forumv2/viewtopic.php?t=6729

·
Premium Member
3,504 Posts
Thanks to Rogue, I managed to make my first pass ever in a FWD car.:)

Thank you for having us.

·
Administrator
3,246 Posts
This was my first time attending an MGM event and I must say it was first class. It was a pleasure to meet all of the Michigan members (and others from aroundn the country) and watch some pretty wild rides go down the track. GT's winnings burnout contests, some wild paint schemes, and a very mature group of people all made this an event not to miss. I'd like to personally thank Brent, Babe and the rest of MIGPC for allowing us to sponsor such a great get together of 3800 enthusiasts and we look forward to doing it again in the future.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
It was first MGM as well and I had a great time, all the way until my tranny broke. Even then, hanging out with everyone was still fun. Thanks to everyone who stepped up to help me out with that. I appreciate the INTENSE guys for coming over and checking on me even though they couldn't have done much at the time anyway.

Oh btw, does anyone have a vid of that awesome 24 sec. pass? That's my new anti-pb.

·
Registered
768 Posts
It was first MGM as well and I had a great time, all the way until my tranny broke. Even then, hanging out with everyone was still fun. Thanks to everyone who stepped up to help me out with that. I appreciate the INTENSE guys for coming over and checking on me even though they couldn't have done much at the time anyway.

Oh btw, does anyone have a vid of that awesome 24 sec. pass? That's my new anti-pb.

when my tranny took a **** at IDD, I ran a 23.xx. Must be a faster track :icon_razz

What were the final results for the Intense crew cars? Did I see somewhere the 8-ball had a PB of something? Was Bryan driving? =P

41 - 56 of 56 Posts