3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here in Australia our l67's came without a MAP sensor & without a EGR valve only a MAF sensor. Im of 2 the tuners soon & ill b going Mafless, & installing a MAP sensor. T uners advice !!! Ive already replaced & relocated my IAT sensor to the front of the LIM. So any info u can giv me on your U.S. 3800 MAP set up would b great ! How many bar/ connection points / acdelco pt no / wireing schematic the lot ! Also would u keep the factory sensor or update model ? Tia....

·
Super Moderator
425 Posts
If you're doing this, your Google skills are going to need to get pretty beefed up. Half of your questions are easily found doing that, and I was about to dive in, but figured you'd be better off getting the practice.

The Holden pcm hardware and format is different from the US ones, especially if you don't have a MAP (really?). The US 3800 PCM's are not setup to tune well without a MAF, like many cars can. This would be a path usually taken with aftermarket controllers like AEM, Haltech, etc. that start you from scratch for huge build potential.

If you're doing this on anything below 400-500whp, I would chase another path to glory, unless COVID has you bored and very set on this project.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes u r right they do hav a different PCM. Ours isnt compatible with HP Tuners. Most l67 owners get it tuned on the dyno useing Kalmaker. Or u can diy with TunerPro. I did hav trouble finding the right sensor 2 go with took a while pt no GM 12223861. kept getting N/A 3800 MAP sensors in my google searches only 2 find out the MAP for the L67 differs fm the N/A. So now ive just gotta wire it up ! Couldnt find a good schematic 4 it . Ill just keep looking . Should hope to get close 2 400kw hopefully ! Anyway thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts