3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was fixing a coolant leak from the dreaded plastic coolant elbows on my 04 impala SS and while reinstalling the idler pully I snapped off a very small hard plastic tube that went from the MAP sensor to right below the supercharger pulley. It then T's off and goes around the other side of the engine. I now have an exposed metal tube with a hole under the supercharger pully (where that line i snapped was). Ever since my car will not start and is throwing code p0107. Just doing a little digging to see if this is normal and all I need to do is replace the little plastic hose? Any helps is appreciated. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
885 Posts
Bottom line, fix/replace the tubing so your car doesn't blow up.

That small tube coming out of the engine under the supercharger pulley is the reference air line for the MAP sensor on the back of the engine (very important for measuring vacuum/boost to properly fuel your engine), and routes to the front of the engine for the fuel pressure regulator (increases fuel pressure with boost) and boost bypass solenoid (activates to reduce boost for traction control/etc.).

See the discussion from last week on all these lines if you want more in-depth info: Only getting 3psi boost... what would be causing this...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bottom line, fix/replace the tubing so your car doesn't blow up.

That small tube coming out of the engine under the supercharger pulley is the reference air line for the MAP sensor on the back of the engine (very important for measuring vacuum/boost to properly fuel your engine), and routes to the front of the engine for the fuel pressure regulator (increases fuel pressure with boost) and boost bypass solenoid (activates to reduce boost for traction control/etc.).

See the discussion from last week on all these lines if you want more in-depth info: Only getting 3psi boost... what would be causing this...
Thanks a lot. Replaced the tubing and she's running great.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts