3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if I should re-install the maf screen in my stage 1 tb. I've heard that with it removed(especially on a street car) that there can be some tuning issues. I'm trying to get my car tuned so I wanted some opinions on it. I have a little bit of a rough idle but I assumed it was mostly from the vs cam, but now I'm wondering if putting the screen back in might help some. What does everybody think?
Thanks

·
Registered
409 Posts
i had tuning issues with it with and without the screen in... and they only increased after doing a home port to make it like a stage2 tb...

just took an afc 2.0 to get it all under control

·
Registered
32 Posts
If you're CSC'd, leave it out.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am csc'd but since my vs cam and bypass valve install, my idle has been a little rough. I know that's going to happen with the addition of the above two items but believe it or not the screen improved things a little. I've also been having a little bit of tuning problems so I'll keep it in for now and see if it helps in that aspect. I don't think there will be any power loss form it.
Thanks

·
Registered
381 Posts
RE keeping in the screen... I would think that a lot has to do with the smoothness of the f-duct...Using a smooth piece of PVC or pipe from air filter to TB vs the ridges of a ribbed f-duct...Laminer flow?...And as I remember, when I installed mine over a year ago, it stated remove the screen...Been fine...

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I have a custom set up(sort of) It's a Stattama CSC kit. So I have a smooth inlet pipe coming right from the supercharger to the tb. There's a bypass valve in the tube. This along with the larger cam is giving me the rougher idle. I ran without the screen for awhile and the minute I put it back in there was a noticeable improvement. Things may be different on a factory blown car. Thanks for your imput though.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I would do a scan of before the maf screen install and after to see maybe running richer (more accurate air hitting the maf sensor) is making you idle better?

But as someone said, I wouldn't run the maf screen on our CSC kits unless absolutely necessary.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
What's the problem with having the screen in on a csc'd car? I was running a little lean at idle with it out. I am going to scan it with it in and see where I'm at now, but the idle is definately smoother than before. What are the negatives with it in? Intense recommends it in for street cars. Right INTENSE? :D

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What's the problem with having the screen in on a csc'd car? I was running a little lean at idle with it out. I am going to scan it with it in and see where I'm at now, but the idle is definately smoother than before. What are the negatives with it in? Intense recommends it in for street cars. Right INTENSE?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry my computer froze and then somehow posted a double of my thread. Damn computers :mad: But I would still like an answer :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts