3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

i have a LT1 MAF that i got so i could use it for my project but when i hooked it up the car stalls :(, i am using the stock for now and i and not sure of the L36 in the camaro HZ limit, but i will be running lots of bost and would like to use this one instead and jut not use the stock one.

i will have HP tuners but how do i go about making it work with my car, it plugs right into the harness im just not sure how to prgram for it.. thanks :confused:

·
Registered
130 Posts
if you don't have the fuel tables in your computer, it may not work right. however, i could be wrong, and hopefully maybe the guys from intense or johnt can help ya out.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
YEah you cant just toss in a MAF and expect it to work. You will need the MAF tables programed in your PCM.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Merc said:
YEah you cant just toss in a MAF and expect it to work. You will need the MAF tables programed in your PCM.
well the PCM was suppose to be programmed for it from Westers but he didn't do it...... (should have put that in the first post lol)

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Yes that would have been good info to know there Andrew. :D

Go back to webster and have those MAF tables programed in and then tune from there.

Has anyone else done this mod before?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Merc said:
Yes that would have been good info to know there Andrew. :D

Go back to webster and have those MAF tables programed in and then tune from there.

Has anyone else done this mod before?
yes buy not using the pcm he used the mini-afc i thin to dial it in

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
i can see using teh AFC to tune cause that is what im doing but unless the MAF came with the car or is compatable to the car, i would think you woudl still need the MAF tables in the PCM.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I put my LS1 MAF in before I even had a scan tool, never set a code and ran perfectly. After I got the A-tap, it showed to run a little leaner, so on went the mini-afc, and never had any problems. However, I am uncertain if this is the issue. Maf signals are used to help determine certain trans functions, since you're a RWD application, this may be part of the problem. I don't have first hand experience with the LT1 MAF, but the LS1 maf is also used in several applications by GM, and may be a more universal unit than the LT1.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ron Vogel said:
I put my LS1 MAF in before I even had a scan tool, never set a code and ran perfectly. After I got the A-tap, it showed to run a little leaner, so on went the mini-afc, and never had any problems. However, I am uncertain if this is the issue. Maf signals are used to help determine certain trans functions, since you're a RWD application, this may be part of the problem. I don't have first hand experience with the LT1 MAF, but the LS1 maf is also used in several applications by GM, and may be a more universal unit than the LT1.
i have a M5 so no worries there

i dont like the LS1 MAF they see mto lean out on the top end

1 - 11 of 11 Posts