3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a thread going over at clubgp that says that a LSD does nothing for the car and several people are recommending staying with the stock diff. Did I waste my money on the Gen. II LSD? :eek:

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Most of our customers LOVE their Second Gen LSD, regardless of what the competition posts. Here are a few comments from recent Core Return forms we've received:

'LOVE IT!' - Scott Holmblad, '04 GTP CompG

'Love it!!!' - David Moore, '01 GTP

'Great – Noticeable Difference' - Jamie Taylor, '01 GT L67 Swap

'Doing a great job in equalizing tire thrust. Much better control and therefore, safety. Overcoming one of the worst things on this car.' - Nick Kentopp, '00 SSEi

'Awesome!' - Craig Cyr, '00 GTP

'This LSD is just too cool!' - Dean Chin, '00 GSX

'Love it!!!' - Jeff Wagner, '99 GTP

'Love it.' - Daniel Briones, '98 GTP

'One of the most directly noticeable mods I have done. Ranks with a pulley swap for bang for the buck!!' - Blake McBride, '98 GTP

'I love it!' - Robert Moschella Jr, '98 GS

'So far, so good. Torque steer greatly improved' - Thomas Neville, '98 GTP

'Awesome!!! One of the best mods to do if you go to the track!' - Ryan Stayer, '98 GTP

'LOVE IT' - Brad Yuronich, '98 GTP

'Awesome product' - Joshua Ferger, '97 GTP

'It’s great, I love the added traction.' - Mike Bohlman, '97 GTP

'Feels much better in turns' - Jeff Murray Jr, '92 Lumina Z34 L67 swap

·
Registered
174 Posts
lsd will help prevent the possibility of a one wheel wonder. I remember when zoomer and other hard launchers just went giddy when Intense released their first gen lsd. They all said it was a great piece and must for hard launchin grand prixs.

·
Banned
189 Posts
Howdy,

The thread on the other forum is full of misinformation.
A posi unit is a device that greatly improves not only burnouts, but launches as well. For anyone to claim to have a technique to make an open diff operate like a limited slip diff. is MISLEADING. If limited slip diffs were unnecessary as stated in that thread, I seriously doubt that they would have been put into so many millions into vehicles over the years.
We all know that car manufacturers don't look for ways to throw unnecessary costs into vehicles. Is our limited slip as tight as a 68 camaro 12 bolt? NO! It is the best that we have been able to create to date. Will it evolve? YES! If products didn't evolve, we would still be driving model T's.
Is it possible to do a one wheel burnout with an LSD? YES!
Many factors effect this such as track conditions, uneven tire pressures, uneven tire circumferences, suspension issues, and Yes, issues with the LSD itself. Springs in the unit can weaken, clutches wear out etc. Our Gen 2 diffs. are serviceable. These diffs. can be overhauled for approx. $150.00 plus freight. The frequency of this depends on how much use the unit gets. The fact that these units are lubricated by trans fluid makes its lifespan shorter than a diff. that is lubricated by 90w gear lube for example. Hope this helps!

BIG JEFF

·
Registered
768 Posts
I got mine not only for the racing aspect and the way i drive my GTP, but for the "insurance" of dropping calf all over the track. It doesn't help any to live 2.5 hrs to the closet track,so i wanna make sure i ca nget home! It was well worth it, and to have Big Jeff install for me personally at dynotech weekend, makes me that much more comfortable with it. With the GREAT DEAL going on, Jump all over it!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts