3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi guys, greetings from "down under"

i was wondering can anyone tell me if LS1 valve springs will fit an L36/L67 head? I know that intense have found that LS6 ones do fit - but we dont get LS6 engines over here so i dont know if LS1 is the same as LS6 or not

Just i have the opportunity to get some "Patriot Performance Gold Dual LS1 Valve Springs" (good to .650 lift) and Titanium Retainers for a good price

any info i can find seems to suggest parts are interchangable between LS1 and LS6 so I might be in luck. Then again these springs might even need machining done on LS1 engine to fit them.

if they do fit, do people actually recomend running them? It's an L36 that will be fully rebuilt with pistons, rods, lifters and roller rockers from intense... ill be running a custom billet camshaft and a pair of 320HP GT25 snails (our configuration is rear wheel drive so can fit one turbo either side). Not sure on cam specs but i guess in the order of .5 to .6 lift. I was originally going to use the compcams springs and normal retainers, either from intense, or some local equivalent. Damn import duties and GST really hurt us for importing stuff... it almost adds 25% to the value, then of course the exchange rate :(

i have been talking with crhis and scott alot, but thought rather than bother them yet agai i would post here, eventhough they prob will answer it here as well anyway

cheers

heres a pic of the spring in question:

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

So crux of the issue for me i guess is: should i bother using them, or should i just stick with like the compcams springs from you guys, or something locally equivalent?

machining wouldnt be aproblem as everything is being machined etc anyway. Just not sure if i need something this hardcore, or more to the point if these springs will end up being too harsh/stiff on the rest of the valvetrain or anything

oh they also come with Titanium Retainers, Steel Jacket Viton Valve Seals,
Super Seven Locks and Hardened Spring Seats

not sure what stuff of that will be gen3 specific, and what could potentially be used on my v6. But even if its just the valvesprings and retainers, still seems they would be good for the price

cheers

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was going the adjustable 1.6:1 harland sharp ones

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
From what Scott is saying Id ont kwno if the extra work would be worth it to make them work. if the Comp Cams work, go with them. I have the 105# in my car.

i dont think they mind you "bothering" them. Just make sure you call them 2 PM you time! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts