3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im curious to see what peoples setups are for lowering you car because im interested in lowering mine too. I currently own a 2002 Buick regal ls minor suspension mods (polyurethane parts) and other engine mods to (not enough to alter the steering to much maybe 230hp roughly). What is the best way to lower you car in your opinion and why did you choose that over another setup coil overs, lowering springs, cutting the springs馃槀 etc.... Any opinion and links on lowering helps!!

Super Moderator
Most reviews on AGX and Eibach/etc. combos tend to have great initial comments, but tend to require at least shock replacement after a couple years of use. I drive my car a bunch despite having the performance meters slid all the way to the right on it, so it'll get mileage regardless of what's in there.

I wanted the flexibility of height and rate adjustment from coilovers (if ZZP's wound up costing more than BC, I would've got BC's, but they probably expected that from our market). Not sure the lifespan just yet, but figured it'd be worth trying, and couldn't be much worse than a couple years.

Honestly, that's the last thing I did to my car, because it didn't matter forever when I had my GTP (actually raised rear with Intrigue struts) or initially dialing in the Regal's setup. Choose your mods however you think it'll give you the most smiles per gallon.

Registered
1998 GTP coupe. All stock and rust free. That will change soon.
I agree with Dave. Personal experience is AGX/Eibach combo for around 60.000 miles, I left them on the 2/4 setting for daily driving and then 4/4 setting for track days. they rode nice and handled great when paired with GMPP sways and new end links.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome, thanks for the information. I didnt plan on doing it right away but I was just curios what you guys thought. Thanks once again this really helped to inform me a little more and will definitely help when I go to buy. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts