8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! Installed at the same time:
1) Eibach lowering spring Pro kit
2) KYP performance struts
3) 18" wheels & 40 series tires
4) 4 wheel alignment w/ 1 degree of neg camber in rear
5) all done by Belle Tire
Afterwards, car vibrated really badly through pedal, steering wheel and saw dash bouncing during accleration at any speed. Slotted upper motor mounts 3/8" so that engine rested closer towards core support. As a result, almost all of the vibration is gone. A little bit of vibration present only when taking off from stop or downshifting to accelerate. Does not vibrate at all during torque brake, moving or at stop when in neutral and increasing RPMs. Would like to know if anyone else has this problem and what to do to fix it. I'm assuming that the driveline angle changed causing the vibration and that some more enigne re-positioning would take care of the rest of the vibration. Does anyone know where I can find some adjustable upper motor mounts (dogbones)?

Greg Light

·
Registered
40 Posts
Lots of people have vibtration problems after lowering. Did you shorten the swaybar endlink spacers by the same amount as you lowered the car?

Cheers,

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nobody has told me anything about swaybar endlink or spacers. Therefore, haven't done anything else. Can you give me some specifics and explanation of exactly what this does and what the result shoud be. I'm willing to try anything.

Thanks in advance,
Greg Light

·
Registered
40 Posts
You're right about the drive angle being changed and that's the cause of the vibration. Many people have found that a lot of that vibration gets transmitted through the sway bar.

The end of the sway bar and the lower control should be parallel, they are no longer so because you lowered the car. If you lowered by 1.5" for example, you should sharten the spacer between the endlink bushings by the same amount. I think the GP spacers are in fact 1.5", on that basis, many have removed the spacer completely and inserted 1 or 2 thick washers.

It's not the cure, but it might help reduce the amount of vibration you feel.

Cheers,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.