3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new to the forum. Have a decent amount of experience with repairing 3800s but just recently started seriously modding. Some background: I have a 2004 gtp and I just installed 1.9 rockers, a 3.4 pulley and a tune. I also have deleted my cat and resonator. Before the mods, I was seeing about 7psi on my boost gauge (aftermarket mechanical). I just finished the install this morning and spent the day making sure it wasn't going to knock or blow up on me. Everything seems to be working, and it runs great. Better than it did before I started, however I feel like I didn't get the gains I expected. Maybe I had too high of hopes, but I do have one concern; I am only seeing a max of about 6psi of boost now. I have read about how porting and mods similar to that (like the rockers) can lower the boost readings because the air is flowing more freely, thus not building the "pressure" but still having the same effect. Is this what I'm seeing now? I feel like I should be more in the 10-12psi range with this setup, but maybe I'm wrong. Any help would be great.
Also, I've already tried the BCS and currently have it set to constantly open. Before that I was only getting about 4 or 5 psi.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
low boost

My 05 produces 10.5 lbs boost at shift points. Yours should be close. My numbers would be higher if I was closer to sea level. 6500 ft elevation

When I went to a 3.4, the change was so great, I was afraid to get on it without scanning it first. Check your boost control valve, etc. Yours can be configured to boost all the time without computer interference.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts