3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, Could I get a reference for a Dyno shop in Jersey who is experienced with the L67 platform. Thanks

·
Registered
946 Posts
Greetings, Could I get a reference for a Dyno shop in Jersey who is experienced with the L67 platform. Thanks
Can't help out with shops in Jersey but in OHIO there's a GURU for pcm tuning. BRIAN TURNER! Brian has tuned MANY pcm's for various cars including mine. The results are 100% TOP SHELVE. The shop is called DYNO TUNE MOTOR SPORTS. When I had mine done it turned out WAY BETTER THAN I WAS HOPING FOR. I would highly recomend them for your pcm tune up.....you will be VERY SATISFIED! When I had mine done I sent it UPS and got it back the same way. As I said, the results are impecable! Brian will need a little info like tire size and gear ratio etc. he will tell you specificly what is needed to get the best results. You won't regret this.....you will be jumping for JOY!!
Best of luck, Jake (mr goodwrench). Get back to us and tell us how much you liked the results.....

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm in NJ and don't know of any dyno shops that I would trust with a 3800SC power tune. Its a simple program to make changes with using HP Tuners editor and I've tuned my PCM with it using the scan program by following the STFT , LTFT and plotting this against MAF and RPM readings. My tunes may not be optimum but they run well. I would be cautious with the mail order tune guys. Some of them do some very good work but each engine is a bit different and must be adjusted accordingly. The tune changes start to get more complex as power adders are used. Even adding free flow exhaust can demand significant changes. Add a cam, small pulley, and upsize the injectors and the tune gets pretty complex.

·
Super Moderator
417 Posts
"Dyno Brian" (a moderator here) is experienced in this platform, and has helped on some bigger builds back in the 3800 heyday. That said, if you're trying to get on the rollers with someone experienced in 3800's, heading to his shop in OH or ZZP in MI are among the few choices.

Your other option is to make adjustments yourself while renting dyno time anywhere for an hour or so. I did this back in 2009 in a random Upstate NY shop, and made ~3 pulls, making quick/safe tweaks between pulls, based on the data. It's a good idea to show up with a tune already running clean at WOT on the street, so your results are already solid and you're not trying to chase issues/overhaul the tune (minor fuel/timing/boost adjustments). I gained ~20-30whp in my 2 tweaks between 3 pulls after running 11.9's, and went back to the track to hit consistent 11.4-6's that summer with the same setup.

If you're comfortable tuning yourself, that's an option.

·
Registered
4 Posts
There was a shop in Lakehurst NJ when they changed the inspection process I have no idea if they are still there or there name explain that later but the auto parts store called 123 auto parts on rt 37 used to supply there parts so I would try them for the shop in the area that does that. Good Luck! let me know if they are still there, thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts