3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace my return line for the transmission on the gtp and was wondering if anyone worked at a dealer and could help me find the part so i can order it and get the car on its way since autozone and napa couldnt help me out

·
Registered
934 Posts
I need to replace my return line for the transmission on the gtp and was wondering if anyone worked at a dealer and could help me find the part so i can order it and get the car on its way since autozone and napa couldnt help me out
Try calling a few local gm dealerships and see what you come up with. On another note, if you can remove the OEM trans line you should be able to buy this kind of line and build it to be the same as the old line. You would probably need new fittings for both ends of the line....... Best of luck, Mr good wrench. OH! just had another thought...... CHECK DORMAN PRODUCTS! They have several different OEM replacement parts!!! I'm guessing if anyone would have these parts, it would be DORMAN PRODUCTS............

·
Registered
59 Posts
ACDelco sells the trans cooler lines and they’ll likely be your best to buy.
Dorman aren’t worth the cheap Chinese steel they’re made outta, 2 years max and rusted out again. And the fittings are more leak prone from my experiences with them.

·
Super Moderator
339 Posts

Shouting at an empty chair, again, gents?

·
Super Moderator
339 Posts
I think it's the software trying to generate fresh replies/activity.

Unless there's something I'm hunting for, I only click "New" and see the couple fresh ones per day with the other recent ones under the grey bar indicating no replies since last visit. (if I wasn't on a cross-country work trip, I'd say I've spent too much time on these car forums the last 20yrs... but nahhh, that's crazy talk)

·
Registered
59 Posts
I was on the Monte Carlo forum for years but there’s this guy that built a recipe car and thinks he’s all pro and right about EVERYTHING but can’t accept when someone knows something he doesn’t. Super irritating so I just left him to chat with himself and with anyone new that joins.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts