3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a 88 buick park avenue/electra for free and its got a LN3 in it which im going to put in a cavalier anyways im just wondering if there are any sites that offer any parts for this engine or maybe if there is any parts off other motors such as the l27 or l67 that can be put on that will either boost performance or just offer more options for performance. with the sites keep in mind that the LN3 is almost exactly the same as the L27

so please help me with this anything will be apreciated

oh and please dont say "just go and buy a series 2" because well finding a car that has one and is not outragiously expensive is next to impossible(ive tried) and people getting rid of them want a mint of money as well also i cant use the cavalier engine because it is f**ked

·
Registered
156 Posts
You can get Yella Terra rockers from INTENSE I believe. Its got the 3/8" stud 1.7 and 1.8 ratios are available.

Yella Terra P/N:
YT 6656 for the 1.7's
YT 6657 for the 1.8's

Thats pretty much it unless you start getting stuff ported or a custom ground cam made.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks dirtracr for replying but could u offer a link maybe and for others i heard that u can, as long as u have the intake, bolt up a l27 head??? is that true and if so what kind of performance gain would i get???

·
Registered
156 Posts
Theres no performance to be gained from swapping on the L27. The compression ratio increased from the LN3 to the L27 from 8.5 to 9.0 I am not sure if the Increase came from the heads, pistons, or Intake but Ill be looking into it when I get out of school.

You will have to contact some one over there about ordering them for you since they do not have the rockers for the 3/8" hole

88-92 3800 engines had 3/8" rocker bolts
93-95 3800 engines had 5/16" rocker bolts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i see ok......it seems my motor has some stuck injectors as well are there any performance injectors and/or injectors from other 3800 motors that will fit pretty much i want to know what parts i can buy say i want some lower comprssion pistons i could go out and buy some for a l27 and they will fit...its that that im kinda lookng for not so much repair but ill look into those rockers thanks

·
Registered
156 Posts
The L27 pistons will fit but IDK if they will raise or lower your compression ratio. If you plan on turboing or supercharging your engine thats when you would consider lowering your compression ratio. If your keeping it naturally aspirated you would probably want to raise it to 9.5-10.0

As for the injectors stock replacement is fine you wont need bigger until you can out flow the stock rated ones. How do you know they are stuck?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i dont know for sure but before i started taking it out of the car i tried starting it and well it didnt it cranked and cranked...and cranked but no fire up the pump is working fine plenty of fuel plenty of spark too i got it running on ether but still start so the last viable option is th injectors...and because it was sitting for such a long time i assume they are ceased..

anyways lol the pistons were a example but thanks anyway...what else can fit on a LN3???

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok heres a question i just got a greddy turbo not sure what model but its average size but i got it for free anyways would this engine be able to hold about 10 lbs of boost becuase well going over 10 on any motor needs new parts but im just wondering if this motor will hold it stock???

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yea it might be able to hold it. But I dont know for how long. It depends on the condition of the engine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well too tell you the truth its not really mine but its my buddys but im the one doing all the work seeing as how he is out of town...thought he is the one paying for it its all good...

but besides that he says hes going to order a rebuild kit seeing how it is a older engine so with a new rebuild kit could it hold around 10???

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
k off topic and a bit last moment but i need a new tranny i know i need the F23 for manuel but how do u tell if it is a F23 or not if u guys dont know can u point in the direction please a nd thank you

1 - 11 of 11 Posts