3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mods List for Lesabre guys cause w-bodys are over rated. I don't drag Just Road Courses
If you have done any other mods please post them as well as how they worked

Handling:
1. Charger SRT 20" wheels fit perfectly with no issues even after lowering approx 1.5" (no more burnout cause sticky tires. recc tire size is 265/35/20)
2. Honda accord coil over sleeves can be adapted to replace front springs
3. Rip everything out of the back major reduction to oversteer (when youre a noob on the track trust me youll find out fwd cars can oversteer)
4. if air shocks are equipped just rip out the compressor and lines. lowers and stiffens the rear tinniest bit but worth it.

Engine:
Ok for this one its gonna be the same as every NA 3800 out there bear in mind we have the longest available gear ratio so without changing it cams just aren't worth it think you have a hard time pulling out of a corner in 2nd just wait till you trade that low end power for top end youll never reach before you hit the next corner

Lesabre Special mods:

1. perfect placement Cold Air Ram, cut a 3" hole in your Buick front logo put an intake horn in it then run 3" intake piping INFRONT of the radiator and through the headlight housing run this into the stock intake (go down from the housing make a bit of a bend and into the stock inlet hole then go up in size to 4inch again through an inline pod filter and into your intake. I spent hours doing the math for this and you might not like the looks but it works. You will need a 2 BAR MAF easily bought from ZZP. if you dont believe me install it and watch your MAF read constant 1 bar at WOT
Also I did the math on this it was all very complicated and i should have saved it. the result is you will loose some intake cfm below 20mph but as soon as you his 20 the cfm will shoot up till its higher than the engine can use.

MODS TO AVOID:
cams (unless gear change)
Peddle Commander (because someone actually tried it really only benefits drive by wire cars)
ZZP CAI (i just told you how to diy a better one and you can get everything at the autozone for like $40? $60?)
3" downpipe and catback (according to zzp these will cause low end loss in NA cars and we need that power more than everyone else)

Comments, Concerns, Cries of Outrage all appreciated

Respect to anyone wo attempts the LeSabre modding Challenge you Sir, are a masochist

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mods List for Lesabre guys cause w-bodys are over rated. I don't drag Just Road Courses
If you have done any other mods please post them as well as how they worked

Handling:
1. Charger SRT 20" wheels fit perfectly with no issues even after lowering approx 1.5" (no more burnout cause sticky tires. recc tire size is 265/35/20)
2. Honda accord coil over sleeves can be adapted to replace front springs
3. Rip everything out of the back major reduction to oversteer (when youre a noob on the track trust me youll find out fwd cars can oversteer)
4. if air shocks are equipped just rip out the compressor and lines. lowers and stiffens the rear tinniest bit but worth it.

Engine:
Ok for this one its gonna be the same as every NA 3800 out there bear in mind we have the longest available gear ratio so without changing it cams just aren't worth it think you have a hard time pulling out of a corner in 2nd just wait till you trade that low end power for top end youll never reach before you hit the next corner

Lesabre Special mods:

1. perfect placement Cold Air Ram, cut a 3" hole in your Buick front logo put an intake horn in it then run 3" intake piping INFRONT of the radiator and through the headlight housing run this into the stock intake (go down from the housing make a bit of a bend and into the stock inlet hole then go up in size to 4inch again through an inline pod filter and into your intake. I spent hours doing the math for this and you might not like the looks but it works. You will need a 2 BAR MAF easily bought from ZZP. if you dont believe me install it and watch your MAF read constant 1 bar at WOT
Also I did the math on this it was all very complicated and i should have saved it. the result is you will loose some intake cfm below 20mph but as soon as you his 20 the cfm will shoot up till its higher than the engine can use.

MODS TO AVOID:
cams (unless gear change)
Peddle Commander (because someone actually tried it really only benefits drive by wire cars)
ZZP CAI (i just told you how to diy a better one and you can get everything at the autozone for like $40? $60?)
3" downpipe and catback (according to zzp these will cause low end loss in NA cars and we need that power more than everyone else)

Comments, Concerns, Cries of Outrage all appreciated

Respect to anyone wo attempts the LeSabre modding Challenge you Sir, are a masochist
I have a 2003 and handling is definitely something the car needs, and am looking to turbo it while keeping the cam and heads stock, but the handling of the car concerns me greatly, feels like its floating

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I have a 2003 and handling is definitely something the car needs, and am looking to turbo it while keeping the cam and heads stock, but the handling of the car concerns me greatly, feels like its floating
The giant sidewalls on your stock tires are the main reason for the floating feeling, switching to 20"s or even 18" will greatly improve that feeling, generally you want something like 3inches of sidewall on your tires for good handling, although, these cars are surprisingly stable up to 110 mph even in stock form. Don't be afraid to spend $50 on coilover sleeves, they generally come with ridiculously stiff springs but work perfect for our ridiculously heavy cars

1 - 3 of 3 Posts