143.205-143.307 mm
5.638-5.642 in

• Connecting Rod Length - Center to Center - Non S/C
145.796-145.898 mm
5.740-5.744 in

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Thats probably where the 36 picks up its compression, it makes sense I guess, easiest thing would be lenghtening rods, other than maybe doming the pistons (or both?) I guess that means we have that much more valve clearence ;)

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
0.102", that would probably do it.

never mind...darn defective keyboard again!

Thats probably where the 36 picks up its compression, it makes sense I guess, easiest thing would be lenghtening rods, other than maybe doming the pistons (or both?) I guess that means we have that much more valve clearence ;)

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So how safe is a top swap on a L36 with the higher compression and weaker bottom end?

The L36 rods are definitely smaller and weaker,
as are the piston pins. And this is why the L36 flexplates have smaller counterweights. ;)

The higher compression comes from less dish volume in the pistons.

·
Registered
45 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
So how safe is a top swap on a L36 with the higher compression and weaker bottom end?

Depends how hard you wanna push it

·
Registered
312 Posts
I ran 10lbs of boost on my L36 stock bottom end for along time,with an intercooler,really the biggest thing is getting it tuned right !!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
what modifications would it take to run L67 or L32 piston and piston rods in a L36. im getting ready to rebuild the motor out of my camaro and im looking to give it some extra HP and get it ready for a turbo later down the road.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts