3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if there is a aftermarket "H" Beam Rod made that would be a direct replacement for a L67 / L32 rod.

Or a "H"-Beam rod and piston combo that would work in the L67 with standard crank.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jonathan_Cain said:
i dont think ive seen anyone post about breaking a rod.... am i mistaken? i dont think there is a need quite yet.
There is another thread in this section where the guy refers to throwing a rod out the side of the block. But I don't know if the engine was a L67 or details.

Why I asked about the H-Beams is because a guy has put eagle H-beams into his L36 / L67 bottom end. So I wonder if there was a direct replacement, or whether some inventive machining and sizing was in play.

·
Registered
187 Posts
eagle will do some custom stuff for you. Also I think the rod that was slung was the result of a bearing failure. forged rods would have just punched a hole through the block anyway.

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts
If you have your rods magnafluxed and shot peened, they won't break.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I Got A 3.4 Pully , Ported Heads , Ported Lim , Exhaust Work Done , Cold Air Intake , .......i Have Broken 2 Blocks Dew To Rods Breaking And Going Tru The Block This Is The 3rd Motor I Have To Put In My Car This Time I Am Going With A 2004 Monte Carlo Ss Motor With Very Low Miles See If Its Last More Than A Couple Months

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I would say you have bigger issues if you have went through two of these motors by putting rods through blocks....

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I Got A 3.4 Pully , Ported Heads , Ported Lim , Exhaust Work Done , Cold Air Intake , .......i Have Broken 2 Blocks Dew To Rods Breaking And Going Tru The Block This Is The 3rd Motor I Have To Put In My Car This Time I Am Going With A 2004 Monte Carlo Ss Motor With Very Low Miles See If Its Last More Than A Couple Months
What number rod broke on each engine, was it the same number ?

Was it 2,3,4 or 5 ?

Was it a WOT at the time ?

Cheers

Deek

1 - 10 of 10 Posts