3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a functional difference between the 1999 and previous year L67 fuel rail and the 2000-2003 rail? I just acquired a '01 SSEi and it appears to have the older rail without the round flat canister thing like my 2000 Ultra has. The older rail is #24508284 and the newer is #24508941

·
Administrator
1,036 Posts
No significant difference. They put that little reservoir on the feed line for dampening pulses as injectors send fuel down, I guess (credit "turbo400sbc" for old comment on it). Not really an issue you'll see affect things in a standard setup, and you'd have to be really staring at a pressure gauge mounted on the rail to notice minor fluctuations at higher rpm.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I was thinking the same, but needed some reassurance. Couldn't imagine it would matter at all. You may recall from another post from me about the supercharger being the older style from another car but my biggest concern that remains is if the whole engine is from another car. The water pump pulley has 97 Riviera written on it and someone in another forum said that is is a sure sign the engine was changed. I am feeling in my gut that they are right.Why else would that be there? It does have the vacuum nipple on the left side of the lower intake and the later aluminum oil pan but maybe that was swapped for engine mounting purposes. What a mess.🙄

·
Administrator
1,036 Posts
Ya, once people get in there to repair/replace things, it goes out the window. There's a few scenarios I can think of that got those specific parts all swapped around, but just take care of it the best you can and it should do fine.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, just no idea how many miles on it and what the maintenance history is:sneaky: Thanks for all your help. I'm sure I'll run into something else to ask about.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts