3800Pro Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2005 3800series3,SC engine swap into 2001 Camaro V6 5spd
20 Posts
Would this be the spot you r referring 2 on the series 2 tb?

·
Super Moderator
763 Posts
Whatever pathway connects you to the post shown here (labelled "10 mm DIA BORE" on lower right... may be mirror image)...

That may be connected to what you pointed to. I know the front-wheel-drive TB's have a plug under this path as it's drilled to open a hole just before the blade.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yea I seen that I made a spot on top right between MAF and the blade

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thxs alot for your input though cause I'm really trying to do this swap the right way with the least amount of things to go back an switch fix or ha e to change and repair

·
Registered
20 Posts
The little hump is that passage way to inside of throttle body I just could seen a good angle to drill a hole at on that so I went to the top flat surface it's almost in the same location just on top instead of the bottom

·
Super Moderator
763 Posts
Sounds like a plan.

I'd look into how feasible it'd be to swap a 75+mm DBW TB from an LSx or Series 3 3800. It'd help eliminate that restriction just ahead of that Hoover you're about to spin up.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey its been awhile I'm finishing up on my camaro series 3 swap but I'm wondering alot of people get rid of the barometer sensor on the supercharger its a air pressure sensor I believe am I able to not have this sensor connected cause it broke off so I covered the hole where it was going into the back of the SC by the pcv nipple
? Hope you can help me out thx

·
Super Moderator
763 Posts
Sounds like you're talking about the EVAP solenoid, which you can run the separate one that was already on your car. The barometer on Series 3's is just a duplicate MAP sensor that doesn't have a vacuum line & just reads atmosphere at all times (not used anyway, if using your Series 2 harness and computer).

21 - 30 of 30 Posts